ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP not arrived and need to travel overseas

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NeedHelpPlease123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP not arrived and need to travel overseas

Post by NeedHelpPlease123 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:16 pm

Hi there

Can anyone please advise on my situation.

I have been granted ILR but my BRP still hasn't arrived but I can't report it lost. It's now 3 1/2 months late and I need to travel overseas.

My question is...'How can I travel and return to the the UK without needing to spend weeks away whilst I wait for a temporary single entry visa.

Thanks

Anon123B
United Kingdom

Re: BRP not arrived and need to travel overseas

Post by Anon123B » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:55 pm

Hello,

Have you tried to contact Home Office about the BRP? If they sent this out they should be able to track the delivery details.

Anon123B

NeedHelpPlease123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NeedHelpPlease123 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:26 pm

Hi Anon123B

I have reported it to Home Office via tel/online/email many times as well as to caseworker/Home Office through the Visa Agent I used. I was advised to pay for Priority Service too ;(

Going nowhere fast...and that's why I've given up on getting the BRP in time and am looking for a Plan B, which the Home Office don't seem to have.

I'm trying to find a way to travel that I wont be stuck out of the UK for a few weeks while applying for a single re-entry visa of some sort.

Anon123B
United Kingdom

Post by Anon123B » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:17 pm

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that there is such a lack of support from the HO.

MISSING BRP

Regarding the BRP, a similar thread has been created before as many people have been through this already. You can find this on the following link - uk-skilled-worker-visas/brp-not-receive ... 7-250.html.

In essence, you should not give up with your caseworker and HO. You could try and write an email to all of the following addresses. Please bear in mind that it can take a lot of time for them to get back to you but you may eventually be successful in having your BRP posted/the matter being resolved.

1.) BRPOATECH@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
2.) BRPdelivery@homeoffice.gov.uk
3.) complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
4.) WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk
5.) UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk
6.) public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
7.) BRPCollection@homeoffice.gov.uk

In the meantime, you could write a letter to the BRP team (itemising the attempts made to get an update on it as above ) and systematically report it not delivered on the www.gov.uk/brp, I would suggest after every 5 working days. Also, do write to your MP to raise this matter with UKVI.

RETURNING TO THE UK WITHOUT A BRP CARD

If you are a national of a country that is on the list of a visa national https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ional-list, it is advised that you do not travel without a BRP. This is because there is a high likelihood that you will not be able to return to the UK.

CONCLUSION

Keep trying to get the BRP card delivered to you. You should be able to get it at some point. The HO has a record of being slow (as you can see in the thread above) but people usually do receive their BRP. It is recommended not to travel without a BRP card.

NeedHelpPlease123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NeedHelpPlease123 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:13 pm

Anon123B

Many thanks for the guidance and advice. Very much appreciated. I will get writing and complaining again asap. Only 8 working days left to solve the issue but definitely worth a last stab at it.

Anon123B
United Kingdom

Post by Anon123B » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:50 pm

No problem, best of luck! Do keep us updated on the process. I'm sure your journey can help others on here too :)