ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP lost - Exp 3rd October 2023

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chusmanb
Newly Registered
Pakistan

BRP lost - Exp 3rd October 2023

Post by chusmanb » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:35 pm

Hi there,

Thanks in advance to whoever replies to this question. I have lost my BRP and my spouse visa expires on 3rd of October and I will be applying for the renewal in September. Sadly, I have lost my BRP, I have got the pictures and everything, what options do I have? Do I have to apply for the replacement card first then apply for extension or I can go and apply for extension straightway?

Any help/guidance will highly be appreciated. Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: BRP lost - Exp 3rd October 2023

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:48 pm

chusmanb wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:35 pm
Hi there,

Thanks in advance to whoever replies to this question. I have lost my BRP and my spouse visa expires on 3rd of October and I will be applying for the renewal in September. Sadly, I have lost my BRP, I have got the pictures and everything, what options do I have? Do I have to apply for the replacement card first then apply for extension or I can go and apply for extension straightway?

The FLRM does not require the physical BRP, the electronic copy is what you will upload as part of application.

chusmanb
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by chusmanb » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:14 pm

Thanks for the reply.

What shall I do now? Report it as lost, that's it? And when shall i apply for my spouse visa extension please? As card expires on 3rd oct, is it still no earlier than 28 days of expiry?

Thanks

chusmanb
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by chusmanb » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:58 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:48 pm
chusmanb wrote:
Hi there,

The FLRM does not require the physical BRP, the electronic copy is what you will upload as part of application.

Can you help with the query please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:19 pm

Just apply for the extension and use your digital BRP copy as was already advised!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:35 pm

chusmanb wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:58 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:48 pm
chusmanb wrote:
Hi there,

Can you help with the query please?
Your query already answered.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:38 am

chusmanb wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:14 pm
Thanks for the reply.

What shall I do now? Report it as lost, that's it? And when shall i apply for my spouse visa extension please? As card expires on 3rd oct, is it still no earlier than 28 days of expiry?

Thanks
Yes you still need to report is as lost but as it expires in less than 3 months you don't need to apply for a replacement
Yes still advisable to apply no more than 28 before we expiry of current immigration permission

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:15 pm

Or if sooner, you can also apply 28 days before reaching 30 months residence.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

chusmanb
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by chusmanb » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:02 pm

Thanks everyone for the reply. I found my card, gladly.