ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duplicate Naturalisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AGM23
United Kingdom

Duplicate Naturalisation certificate

Post by AGM23 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:11 pm

Hi all,

I have lost my original naturalisation certificate and looking to get a replacement, I have filled in the online application and paid £250 fee.

I am confused whether i need to print the application form and send it, or its all online?

Application says next step is to print the application? It has generated reference number as well.

Can someone please help if i need to submit application by post or its all online?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Duplicate Naturalisation certificate

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:23 pm

From my reading of the website https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citi ... ertificate it says "apply online" - normally if there's anything to send by post it should say so, with the relevant address.

Quote: "Fill in the form online. You’ll usually be able to keep your documents while your application is being processed."
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AGM23
United Kingdom

Post by AGM23 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:27 pm

Thanks alterhase58,

I agree with you, however fill in application online or apply online two different things? hence the confusion?

Has anyone who have applied can please confirm? I don't want to sit on the application and it turns out i should have posted it? Just want to be 100% sure?

Thanks

ScLegend
Newly Registered

Post by ScLegend » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:41 pm

Hi AGM23,

I am in the similar boat. My certificate was torn when open evenlope from HMPO... So have you got the new certificate and could you kindly advise the time framework for getting the replacement?

Thanks very much for your kind help!

AGM23
United Kingdom

Post by AGM23 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:29 am

Received mine in 5 weeks approx and yes its all online, you do not need to send paper form. Given it is August it may take slightly longer due to August school holidays, Hope this helps