ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Current employment letter for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nazir010119
Newly Registered
India

No Current employment letter for ILR

Post by Nazir010119 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:06 pm

Hi

I will be completing 5 years on a skilled worker visa by the end of September 2023 and my BRP expires on 5/10/2023.

I was due to start with my ILR application but my current company doesn't want to provide me with the extension letter that is required for ILR and want to finish my term once the BRP expires.

I have another company ABC who have offered me a job, so can I,

1) use their offer letter and apply for ILR? OR

2) I will have to move to the Company ABC skilled worker first and then apply for ILR? If Yes, how much time I need to be employed with them to apply for ILR?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No Current employment letter for ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:11 pm

1) No you cannot.

2) Yes, you have have to switch to the new sponsored first and wait at least a month before applying for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.