ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa refused for Mother-in-Law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visit Visa refused for Mother-in-Law

Post by klownking » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:28 am

Hi,

We recently applied for my Mother-in-Law visa as my wife is expecting so I thought having her mother with her will ease the pain and she will get the necessary support.

Unfortunately, the visa has been refused based on the following:
You have stated that you are unemployed and dependent on your spouse who will be
covering the cost of your visit. In support of this, you have provided a bank statement
in his name from Meezan bank (account number ending 2188) with a closing balance
of PKR 2,553,304 (£6,916), tax documents and a covering letter from your spouse.
From the covering letter I note he states he is an agriculturalist and landowner. From
his tax documents, I note his annual income as PKR 225,600 (£611). Whilst I take in
to consideration the tax documents provided, this document in isolation does not
demonstrate the ownership of land/property in your spouse’s name from which he
derives an income. Furthermore, from his bank statement I note this account
contains some large credits not in keeping with his stated income. For example, over
the statement period 29/11/2022 and 29/05/2023 a total of PKR 6,225,687 (£16,864)
was credited to his account which represents more than 27 times his stated annual
income. The sources of these deposits are not demonstrated by the documents
provided. Therefore, from the information provided in support of your application I am
not satisfied that your financial circumstances are as declared.
we are going to apply again for the visa and would appreciate that if someone can tell us what more documents we need to prove she will be going back at the end. She is unemployed and my father-in-law will be sponsoring her.

We attached the following documents earlier:

NADRA Family Certificate
NADRA Marriage Certificate
Father-in-Law 6 months bank statements
Father-in-Law Bank Letter
My Passport
My Employment Letter
My 6 Months Payslips
Wife Passport and BRP
NHS record
Property Details
Tax documents
Letter from my Wife
Letter from me
Letter from my Father-in-Law
Letter from my Mother-in-Law

Now we are also going to attach all the property documents from which they are getting the rent and other income.

Now I have two questions and I would appreciate it if someone can answer that please:

What other documents we should attach?

Is there a way I sponsor her? I don't have any savings as I have spent everything recently.

Can I support her in any other way?

Your input would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visit Visa refused for Mother-in-Law

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:58 am

Now we are also going to attach all the property documents from which they are getting the rent and other income.

Now I have two questions and I would appreciate it if someone can answer that please:

What other documents we should attach? There's really no exact set of documents as every individual situation is different. What you have looks good. The money was the problem in the initial rejection. Your dad needs to be able to explain that, with proper paper trail.

Is there a way I sponsor her? I don't have any savings as I have spent everything recently. So all you can actually do is give her a place to rest her head if visa is granted.

Can I support her in any other way? Money is clearly the only way, and you currently can't help in this regards.

Thanks

Piece of advise, every money or monies incoming should be documented. If your dad had some creazy money enter his account prior to the 6months, no problems. That acts as the starting point (carried over money) it doesn't need to be explained. But the monies in the 6 months prior to visa application has to be squeaky clean. Every dollar accounted for with paper work. So if he earns just £611/month. No extras should be popping up. If he gets paid travel allowances (example), it would show and also there should be a sort of receipt for that. If he gets thrift, it needs to be documented. If someone owed him from 3 years back and decided to pay him out of the blue! Again, paperwork with the payee signing. It needs to be idiotproof.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visit Visa refused for Mother-in-Law

Post by klownking » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:25 am

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:58 am

What other documents we should attach? There's really no exact set of documents as every individual situation is different. What you have looks good. The money was the problem in the initial rejection. Your dad needs to be able to explain that, with proper paper trail.

Is there a way I sponsor her? I don't have any savings as I have spent everything recently. So all you can actually do is give her a place to rest her head if visa is granted.

Can I support her in any other way? Money is clearly the only way, and you currently can't help in this regards.

Thanks

Piece of advise, every money or monies incoming should be documented. If your dad had some creazy money enter his account prior to the 6months, no problems. That acts as the starting point (carried over money) it doesn't need to be explained. But the monies in the 6 months prior to visa application has to be squeaky clean. Every dollar accounted for with paper work. So if he earns just £611/month. No extras should be popping up. If he gets paid travel allowances (example), it would show and also there should be a sort of receipt for that. If he gets thrift, it needs to be documented. If someone owed him from 3 years back and decided to pay him out of the blue! Again, paperwork with the payee signing. It needs to be idiotproof.
Thank you very much, mate. I kind of had this idea but I did not ask my Father-in-Law about all the stuff which I should have. I would aks them to get the documents asap and let you guys know if they are sufficient.

Kind Regards,