ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Visitor Visa, Separate applications?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahmeer75
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Parents Visitor Visa, Separate applications?

Post by shahmeer75 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:23 am

Hi All,

I have a slight confusion about the visitor visa. I am filling the visitor visa application on the behalf of my father. In the application, they have asked for the spouse details and anyone who is dependent on my father financially and would be travelling with him to the UK. Then it says, financially dependents need to fill out a separate application for the visitor visa. My mother is dependent on my father financially and lives with him but does she needs to fill out a separate application form?

I would really appreciate it if someone clarifies this confusion?

Thank you :)

PS: I applied in 11 years ago for my parents but at that time, i did not need to create a separate application form for my mother.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Parents Visitor Visa, Separate applications?

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:44 am

shahmeer75 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:23 am
Hi All,

I have a slight confusion about the visitor visa. I am filling the visitor visa application on the behalf of my father. In the application, they have asked for the spouse details and anyone who is dependent on my father financially and would be travelling with him to the UK. Then it says, financially dependents need to fill out a separate application for the visitor visa. My mother is dependent on my father financially and lives with him but does she needs to fill out a separate application form?

I would really appreciate it if someone clarifies this confusion?

Thank you :)

PS: I applied in 11 years ago for my parents but at that time, i did not need to create a separate application form for my mother.
The application clearly state to fill a separate application for financial dependents.
Rules are changing, 11years is a long time ago

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Parents Visitor Visa, Separate applications?

Post by Ticktack » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:52 am

11 -15 years ago, everyone travelling to the UK had to fill their independent forms. Even babies had to fill their independent forms.

You might have forgotten, or maybe your mother wasn't travelling with you father at the time. If they were travelling together, there's never been a way around that.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!