ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nee Urgent help!!BRP not received after ILR VISA approval mail from HO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Nee Urgent help!!BRP not received after ILR VISA approval mail from HO

Post by akuram » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:25 pm

Hello,

WE would like to have some clarification on the below query. We have a emergency travel to do ASAP.

I got my ILR last year since my husband and daughter had not completed 5year we had renewed the PBS dependent VISA last year for a min of 3 years. So they got the PBD dependent VISA renewed untill 06/06/2025. There BRP issued showed validy as DEC/2023. This April they completed the 5year and hence we applied for ILR in july.

we received the approval mail from HO on 13th July 2023 that our application has been granted. But we have not received any communication about the New BRP delivery untill today.

My query is the old BRP we got last year has a validity printed untill December 2023. When we use the old BRP card in here https://right-to-work.service.gov.uk/rt ... d-question it does not tell us its invalid but shows the latest status of ILR for my husband, that he does not have any restriction to work. And for my daughter since she is below 16 it says they cannot work. But both my husband and daughter's BRP dont show up as invalid when we use them.

Would this BRP still be valid can we travel outside UK using this BRP?

Would we be issued with a new BRP or not since after December 2023 HO will stop issuing hard copy of the BRP's?

We tried reaching to HO but as usual no response they are asking us to wait and a case worker will get back to us.

If anyone can share some feedback or inputs here it will greatly help.

Thanks

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Re: Nee Urgent help!!BRP not received after ILR VISA approval mail from HO

Post by akuram » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:50 pm

Sorry Slight correction our old BRP is valid untill DEC 2024.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:13 pm

Unfortunately, delayed BRPs happens. I think it’s okay to travel with the old BRPs, if they are valid until DEC 2024. As they are going digital, they may not even issue more physical cards? For practical purposes, I think it’s unlikely that airlines or UK Immigration Officers would refuse BRP holders from travelling or entering the UK prior to their printed expiry dates.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:30 pm

@Vinny thnaks for your quick response.

Our major concern was that what if UK immigration officers cause some issue when we try to enter UK.

The new VISA status of my daughter might show as ILR/SETTLEMENT for them in the system and my daughter's current BRP shows the status as Dependent child Leave to remain.

If HO issue a new BRP when we are not in UK. Would the BRP that we currently have become invalid.

Usually if BRP's are delayed how long would this wait be? We applied on Priority and got our approval email 13th july and nothing from HO after that.

Any one who faced similar situation if they could guide

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:39 pm

akuram wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:25 pm
we received the approval mail from HO on 13th July 2023 that our application has been granted. But we have not received any communication about the New BRP delivery untill today.
If necessary, then just provide a printout of the email for the Immigration Officer to read and confirm?

I think 34K shouldn’t be a problem as there was no pending application to withdraw at the time of travel.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:08 pm

akuram wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:50 pm
31st December 2024 is when all BRP lapses as UK move to a digital means of proving status.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:38 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:39 pm
akuram wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:25 pm
If necessary, then just provide a printout of the email for the Immigration Officer to read and confirm?

I think 34K shouldn’t be a problem as there was no pending application to withdraw at the time of travel.
Do you know if airline might cause any problem when we try to fly back to UK?

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:41 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:08 pm
akuram wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:50 pm
31st December 2024 is when all BRP lapses as UK move to a digital means of proving status.
So do you mean they will not issue a new BRP for us?
My daughter's current status on BRP shows as Dependent child Leave to remain. With a validity of DEC 2024.

Our main concern is if there will be any problem at the Boarder control when we enter UK

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:04 pm

akuram wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:41 pm
Our main concern is if there will be any problem at the Boarder control when we enter UK
There shouldn't be any issues.
Explain the situation, they can see on their systems that your status is approved.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:17 pm

I was reading throgh the Board to see if any one encountered the same situation as us and saw the below post by a member

general-uk-immigration-forum/travelling ... R#p2108732

Below Comment in the post.

"So I asked a reputable immigration law firm -they give you the chance to ask one question online for free. They were adamant it'd be a bad idea to travel without the new BRP. Even the ILR approval email clearly stipulates that one shall never travel without the BRP. The consultant added however that it usually takes 2 to 3 days to get the BRP, even though they officially state 7 working days. So I'm gonna take up the immigration consultant's advice. I just don't wanna spend my trip worrying about the return leg."

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:13 pm

Ultimately the decision lies with you. Knowledge and experience shared on the forum.
Several persons in similar situation in time past and no issue on returning