ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa for my mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shohjura
United Kingdom

visitor visa for my mother

Post by shohjura » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:04 pm

hi guys,
hope everyone is well.
I am looking to rent a 1 bedroom house with my wife (with 1 extra large room that is divided between Spam and living room so totally can say 3 rooms-1 bedroom, 1 Spam and 1 living room), I am intending to apply for a visitor visa for my mother in early 2024 and invite her to uk for 1 month, would this accommodation be enough proof for my mother's visa application as I remember a living room could also be classified as a bedroom

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: visitor visa for my mother

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:34 am

shohjura wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:04 pm
hi guys,
hope everyone is well.
I am looking to rent a 1 bedroom house with my wife (with 1 extra large room that is divided between Spam and living room so totally can say 3 rooms-1 bedroom, 1 Spam and 1 living room), I am intending to apply for a visitor visa for my mother in early 2024 and invite her to uk for 1 month, would this accommodation be enough proof for my mother's visa application as I remember a living room could also be classified as a bedroom

Thanks
It will suffice. Providing

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:21 am

providing what sorry?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:13 pm

shohjura wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:21 am
providing what sorry?
Disregard the "Providing".

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:01 pm

shohjura wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:04 pm
hi guys,
hope everyone is well.

Thanks
There's no requirement to have convenient accommodation to invite someone to visit. What ever you have is enough. HO doesn't care how you sleep. :D
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

vignezh007
Newly Registered

Post by vignezh007 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:51 pm

Key thing to remember is, show some solid evidence for her ties back home. Secondly, more importantly get a travel insurance that cover her entire period of stay in the UK. Say it in a cover letter that comprehensive insurance will cover any unexpected expenses. The two should certainly help her application.