ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Congratulations Alica!!!!

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:40 pm

alica wrote:
Dublin1 wrote:
alica wrote:some more info:
friend of mine:
applied - APR 2007 (irish spouse)
request for update - MAY 2007
approval-AUG 2008 :D

another friend of mine ( 5 years residency-work permits)
applied-NOV 2006
NO request for update
approval - OCT 2008 :D

another friend:
applied MAY 2005
present-NO requests for updates, no approval... :(

there is another one person:
applied FEB 2007 ( after 5 years residency-work permits)
request for update- MAY 2008
received approval - NOV 2008 :D

I applied FEB 2007 - documents were rejected
applied second time- MAR 2007
request for update - JUN 2008
confirmation that received update- JUL 2008
present-still waiting.... :(

update:
I've got approval today!
:D
good luck to everyone!!!

hehehehe I was just wondering how come non of ppl in the forum got thier approval on Dec.

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:40 pm

sashasolar wrote:
ib_dublin wrote: Forgot to add that they told me, any decision will be on jan-09 most probably
Hi! I think it is a very good news for you!

I know for sure that what they send to the minister are "Recommendations" with list of people below and a field for the Minister to sign.
For example "Assistant Secretary General recommends the following applicants for approval... Bla-bla-bla... Checks have been performed, etc, etc." Or "Assistant Secretary General recommends the following applicants for refusal. These people: accessed public funds (had criminal convictions), etc, etc, etc" The Minister just signs the whole thing.

It is possible (I'm not so sure here) that as the Department receives responses for external checks and other docs, they just tick all the necessary boxes and change file status to something like "Submitted to the Minister for decision". Once in a while a report is pulled from these files, sorted as "approve"/"reject" with reasons and submitted to the Minister. Could be once a month or twice or whatever:-)

I too was asked for same docs in October (20th). When in October did they ask you for docs?
I sent all docs on 31st Oct

cnu

Post by cnu » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:31 am

Congratulations Alicia, well done!

marialear

Post by marialear » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:10 am

Yes, congrats for sure Alicia!

My update:

Aug 2006 - applied for naturalization on basis of 5 year residence/working/living

Nov 2008 - Asked for P21, bank statements/wage slips. Sent them in.

Dec 11/08 - phoned INIS to see what next. Was told that the Garda have been asked for background check on me & might take 3-6 months for this! Once Garda ok rec'd by INIS, my app will be sent to Minister for approval........

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:23 am

I'll say garda check will take 4-6week (in my case it took 5weeks for garda check) and in total 3-6months including ministers approval... thats the trend I have seen so far.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:38 am

ib_dublin wrote:I'll say garda check will take 4-6week (in my case it took 5weeks for garda check) and in total 3-6months including ministers approval... thats the trend I have seen so far.
I have been told the same thing just like Maria. The lady in INIS told me that Garda Clearnace Check takes around 3 to 6 months.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:41 am

marialear wrote:Yes, congrats for sure Alicia!

My update:

Aug 2006 - applied for naturalization on basis of 5 year residence/working/living

Dec 11/08 - phoned INIS to see what next. Was told that the Garda have been asked for background check on me & might take 3-6 months for this! Once Garda ok rec'd by INIS, my app will be sent to Minister for approval........
Maria

Did the INIS tell you Garda Check is the final thing they need for your application? They never asked me for anything other than they waiting for Garda Check, so I was wondering if thats them to finalizing my application.

thx

marialear

Post by marialear » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:21 pm

Yes, I think so.

I phoned INIS this morning just to ask if there was anything else that I needed to do/send in & they said no, that the Garda check was the next step and that I didn't have to do anything else (but wait! :) ) So I would assume that it's out of our hands now & just wait.

M

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:23 pm

mktsoi wrote:

My update:

Maria

Did the INIS tell you Garda Check is the final thing they need for your application? They never asked me for anything other than they waiting for Garda Check, so I was wondering if thats them to finalizing my application.

thx
Yes it is internal process between Garda and INIS, No more docs should be needed from the applicant.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:24 pm

Dublin1 wrote:
mktsoi wrote:

My update:

Maria

thx
Yes it is internal process between Garda and INIS, No more docs should be needed from the applicant.
whew, thats some good news from the INIS at least.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:26 pm

My update:

seems like we both applied and asked for extra docs on the same time.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:15 am

Citizenship Applications.

280. Deputy Pat Breen asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform further to Parliamentary Question No. 329 of 4 November 2008, when an application will be processed for persons (details supplied) in County Clare; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44874/08]

Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform (Deputy Dermot Ahern): Applications for certificates of naturalisation on behalf of the persons referred to in the Deputy’s Question were received in Citizenship Division of my Department in June 2008.

Processing of the applications has been completed and I have reached a decision on each of the files. The persons in question will be informed of those decisions in due course.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:18 am

This sounsd quite unfair!!

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:40 am

Fionn wrote:Citizenship Applications.

280. Deputy Pat Breen asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform further to Parliamentary Question No. 329 of 4 November 2008, when an application will be processed for persons (details supplied) in County Clare; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [44874/08]

Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform (Deputy Dermot Ahern): Applications for certificates of naturalisation on behalf of the persons referred to in the Deputy’s Question were received in Citizenship Division of my Department in June 2008.

Processing of the applications has been completed and I have reached a decision on each of the files. The persons in question will be informed of those decisions in due course.
June 2008 !!!!!!

I was speaking with a friend yesterday and he told me he received the approval last Oct., he applied Dec. 2006 on 5 years basis, Seems there is a break in the process.

While I have another friend at work he applied Jan 06 and extra docs July 08 and he still heard nothing. So the whole process makes no sense.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:23 am

These applications are for minors. As you know, applications for minors are much more straightforward and there's a special subsection in the citizenship division dedicated to process minors' applications.

Here's the full text of question 329 from 4 November:
329. Deputy Pat Breen asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform when applications will be processed in respect of a person (details supplied) in County Clare; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [38441/08]

Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform (Deputy Dermot Ahern): Applications for certificates of naturalisation on behalf of the three minors referred to in the Deputy’s Question were received in the Citizenship Section of my Department in June 2008. Officials in that Section inform me that all three applications are at an advanced stage of processing and the files will be forwarded to me for a decision in the near future.

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi All,

I'm away at the moment with no much access to internet.
Just before I left on the 25 of Nov I've got a letter from DOJ, on the situation regarding the courts.
The letter from DoJ is stating that they are aware of the backlog in Dublin court and they have arranged 2 special sittings of the court in December just to deal with the declaration of citizenship.

The funny thing is that I didn't get the approval letter regarding my citizenship (I've applied August 2005).

Are they sending these letters randomly?

Because I left the same day, I didn't have time to ring them.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Uhwh
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:09 pm

mendo: I would interpret that letter as your approval letter.

alica: when you got your approval letter, did you get information about the courts? Did they give you an appointment already in December or in January?

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:48 am

A friend of mine got the aproval and Also a with in the letter telling him to go to court on Wed. 17 Dec. 2008 as well.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:53 am

Could you please check with him about his timelines and other details i.e.

Date of original application:
Date of requesting additional docs:
Basis of application: 5 yrs wp/marriage/irish grandad etc
His original citizenship: Asian, non-EU

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:04 pm

Heybabyy wrote:Could you please check with him about his timelines and other details i.e.

Date of original application:
Date of requesting additional docs:
Basis of application: 5 yrs wp/marriage/irish grandad etc
His original citizenship: Asian, non-EU
Orignal application Dec. 2006
Additional docs: sept. 2008
5 yrs
African
he also have the long term residency also he have baby, born in Ireland.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:46 pm

Thanks for the details.

It is really confusing as I know some people who have applied in 2006 with similar criteria and they haven't heard back after sending additional docs in Sept/Oct 08.

It would be interesting in Jan 09 to see who all gets an approval.

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:52 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:mendo:
alica: when you got your approval letter, did you get information about the courts? Did they give you an appointment already in December or in January?
I am not in Dublin.
I've got appointment in local court on the end of January only.
I called to Dublin's courts, there are 2 sittings for Declaration on 10th and 17th December, but they are taking locals only...

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Heybabyy wrote:Thanks for the details.

It is really confusing as I know some people who have applied in 2006 with similar criteria and they haven't heard back after sending additional docs in Sept/Oct 08.

Yes, I'm also in this exact situation. :(

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:37 am

LuasPassenger wrote:
Heybabyy wrote:Thanks for the details.

Yes, I'm also in this exact situation. :(
I was in same situation but I have sent p21/p60/marriage/birth avidavit without asked from them.
and now my application is with minister.
you can do similar like this :)