ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meself2
Ireland

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by meself2 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:15 pm

nephente wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:57 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:59 am
I have a silly question. I have received NVB e-vetting on 27/Jul/23.. I filled and completed Yesterday.. what should I expect now? OR how much time NVB e-vetting takes?
Around 10 days.I have submitted the e-vetting form on NVB link on 20th July. As I track it now, the latest state is "Application process completed".

I'm not sure if they send an email once it's over or not, as I did not get any notification yet...

Appreciate if someone confirms.
They will send an email once NVB finishes their process and the disclosure is viewed.

What happens after this in terms of your citizenship application - we don't know. Technically, it's the last stage and next step should be approval (or denial), but what NVB has found during the check may certainly influence the timelines.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

nephente
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nephente » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:26 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:01 pm
nephente wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:57 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:59 am
I have a silly question. I have received NVB e-vetting on 27/Jul/23.. I filled and completed Yesterday.. what should I expect now? OR how much time NVB e-vetting takes?
Around 10 days.I have submitted the e-vetting form on NVB link on 20th July. As I track it now, the latest state is "Application process completed".

I'm not sure if they send an email once it's over or not, as I did not get any notification yet...

Appreciate if someone confirms.
@nephente : would you please confirm if possible what was the next status after (Application submitted to NVB for processing)
- Application submitted to NVB for processing
- Application scheduled for completion
- In Progress (NVB)
- Application process completed

by chronological order

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:19 am

Not sure if anyone read this, but the Justice Minister has begun implementing the civil law on the naturalisation certificate that was enacted in July 2023.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/7f1 ... -act-2023/

I hope this will further reduce processing times.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:43 am

User20123 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:19 am
Not sure if anyone read this, but the Justice Minister has begun implementing the civil law on the naturalisation certificate that was enacted in July 2023.

I highly doubt it will change anything for the vast majority of us as she (again) only focuses on the children born to Irish residents naturalisation waiting times and some other non-naturalisation topics. As I mentioned before it appears she can now forgo the need for a holding a ceremony to make the declaration, but she didn't mention it in your link or in a related debate question submitted by a TD, so I really don't see much, if anything changing here.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:32 pm

sairsint wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:43 am
User20123 wrote:

I highly doubt it will change anything for the vast majority of us as she (again) only focuses on the children born to Irish residents naturalisation waiting times and some other non-naturalisation topics. As I mentioned before it appears she can now forgo the need for a holding a ceremony to make the declaration, but she didn't mention it in your link or in a related debate question submitted by a TD, so I really don't see much, if anything changing here.
I believed that the passed bill eliminated the requirement to attend the citizenship ceremony in person. I understand what you are saying about the minister not commenting on the bill; however, their communication is quite vague, and I believe they should send out the citizenship certificates without the need to attend the ceremony in person. This will not only reduce the backlog, but also allow us to complete the process well within the 19-month timeframe.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:23 pm

User20123 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:32 pm
sairsint wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:43 am
User20123 wrote:

I believed that the passed bill eliminated the requirement to attend the citizenship ceremony in person. I understand what you are saying about the minister not commenting on the bill; however, their communication is quite vague, and I believe they should send out the citizenship certificates without the need to attend the ceremony in person. This will not only reduce the backlog, but also allow us to complete the process well within the 19-month timeframe.
I'll believe it when I see it. There's already many "approved" applications in the queue and if they were going to remove the need to attend a ceremony you would think they would have done so already. Then again, there's still many naturalised people waiting for their certificates to arrive in the post from attending the June 19/20th ceremonies which is utterly ridiculous.

Beatrixkiddo123
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Beatrixkiddo123 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:04 pm

Hi everyone, a bit confused and disappointing here…
Got an e-mail on 22nd of May 2023 to complete a e-vetting online form on ISD Did this on the same day, never heard anything back…
Anyone else in this situation? What to expect next? Was this the actual vetting or what?
Thank you for help!

Applic83
Ireland

Post by Applic83 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:54 am

I‘’m the same. Received the invitation 22 May. Completed and submitted the form. Received evetting number, but nothing since. Tried to send them to enquire but received nothing. This is not the evetting itself. It’s invitation to start it. I believe a lot of people are in the same situation because they respond to people with older applications and o know several who also haven’t received anything since the 22nd of May like us. We can only wait

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:55 am

eVetting itself is from Garda email (evetting.donotreply afaik), not from ISD.

You have to wait - they seems to have bitten more that they can chew and processing those requests bit by bit.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Blackbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Blackbox » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:52 am

Beatrixkiddo123 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:04 pm
Got an e-mail on 22nd of May 2023 to complete a e-vetting online form on ISD Did this on the same day, never heard anything back…
Anyone else in this situation? What to expect next? Was this the actual vetting or what?
Thank you for help!
Yep, same situation, nothing appears to move forward.it is also nerve wracking as one may never know after all this suffering the outcome of citizenship application itself.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:09 am

I've stated this before but at their current rate the ISD is processing these evetting invitations (before the NVB gets them and asks us to submit it) it will take another 5-6 month before we all get request from the NVB.

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:28 pm

What I dont understand is how more evetting invitations are sent and then processed and those that were sent on 22 May just get stuck with no feedback or remote expectation on when next steps will be received. But we are forced to see others that have applied after be approved and processed ?

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:09 pm

Bluebird71 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:28 pm
What I dont understand is how more evetting invitations are sent and then processed and those that were sent on 22 May just get stuck with no feedback or remote expectation on when next steps will be received. But we are forced to see others that have applied after be approved and processed ?
Please let me know when you find the answer, as I have no idea how they are progressing with the 13,000 individuals to whom they sent the consent form. Upon looking at the 2022 applicants thread, I found that individuals have been selected outside of the chronological order in which the NVB links should be sent.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:18 am

User20123 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:09 pm
Bluebird71 wrote:
Please let me know when you find the answer, as I have no idea how they are progressing with the 13,000 individuals to whom they sent the consent form. Upon looking at the 2022 applicants thread, I found that individuals have been selected outside of the chronological order in which the NVB links should be sent.
Nobody does and there is no point driving yourself mad thinking about it. Their help desk is useless, TDs asking questions to the minister during debates is useless. The only thing that doesn’t lie is the math on the provided numbers during the debates.

It will take another 5-6 months for them to get through all 13,000 evetting invitations at their last known pace. Then probably another 6 months to get approved, attend a ceremony and receive the certificate. Unless there’s a major overhaul or changes to the process this is how long it will take.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:51 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:18 am
User20123 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:09 pm
Bluebird71 wrote:
Nobody does and there is no point driving yourself mad thinking about it. Their help desk is useless, TDs asking questions to the minister during debates is useless. The only thing that doesn’t lie is the math on the provided numbers during the debates.

It will take another 5-6 months for them to get through all 13,000 evetting invitations at their last known pace. Then probably another 6 months to get approved, attend a ceremony and receive the certificate. Unless there’s a major overhaul or changes to the process this is how long it will take.
You are right, indeed. It's as if I'm hitting my head against the wall! I'm currently at 17 months, and since their processing time is 19 months, I'll have my solicitor follow up with the department in exactly two months. I asked her if anything could be done now, but was advised that we must wait until the deadline has passed before following up, so that we have a strong chance of receiving accurate feedback.

Yksl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yksl » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:47 pm

I think, 2022 applicants that received the evetting form invitation on 22nd of May is processed in chronological order and unless there was an issue they are receiving Garda e-vetting invitation accordingly. So far it is around April'22 applications as far as I could follow. I also (an April'22 applicant) received my Garda e-vetting invitation last week along with my spouse and another friend that all applied within a couple of days. In the timeline I have seen another 2 from end of March and beginning April received it on the same day. 10-15days before us I have seen people from February and March receiving it. Now, I think the next round will be May applicants but hard to say when it will be.
I agree that it will take long enough to complete all 13,000 invitation probably not less than 4months.

moviedude92
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by moviedude92 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:51 am

Has anyone who applied in July’22 received first e-vetting mail by any chance?
Thanks

Blessed1568
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Blessed1568 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:36 pm

Palantir wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:21 pm
Complain to your local TD. Show them how the 2023 applications are being processed in a few short months, whilst 2021 and 2022 applicants in many cases haven't even reached e-vetting stage. Utter disgrace!!!
Hi, interested in your surmise that applications submitted in 2023 have been processed. I know someone who sent in an application in Feb 2023, garda vetted and sent a link for payment for naturalisation certificate €950. Concerns that this was a scam but the website was legitimate and all. Apart from an email confirming payment, no more correspondence from ISD since July. Do you know if there are other applicants who have been graced with this express service :? ?
Thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:11 pm

Blessed1568 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:36 pm
Palantir wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:21 pm
Complain to your local TD. Show them how the 2023 applications are being processed in a few short months, whilst 2021 and 2022 applicants in many cases haven't even reached e-vetting stage. Utter disgrace!!!
Hi, interested in your surmise that applications submitted in 2023 have been processed. I know someone who sent in an application in Feb 2023, garda vetted and sent a link for payment for naturalisation certificate €950. Concerns that this was a scam but the website was legitimate and all. Apart from an email confirming payment, no more correspondence from ISD since July. Do you know if there are other applicants who have been graced with this express service :? ?
Thanks.
Would you mind not posting the same query a few times, please?
Email to citizenship info and confirm if you wish, but if the website links to ISD and they prompt you to fill the form online to pay, should be legit - citizenship division has massively sped up the processing of some 2023 applicants.

adeels84
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by adeels84 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:21 pm

Beatrixkiddo123 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:04 pm
Thank you for help!
Yeah in the same boat mate. Never heard anything back after completing E-vetting Invitation

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:57 am

I think, they doing phase approach.
First phase who got e-vetting viewed before end of July will be approved and go to ceremony September, the rest who got e-vetting in May, but didn't have NVB yet will be invited December

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:46 am

RCCar wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:57 am
First phase who got e-vetting viewed before end of July will be approved and go to ceremony September, the rest who got e-vetting in May, but didn't have NVB yet will be invited December
I think you're being too optimistic. According to the posts in the 2022 timelines, I've only seen applicants which have originally applied up to March 2022 and also received the evetting request on 22 May 2023 finally proceed to the NVB stage. At the current rate the ISD are processing applications it will be ~5-6 more months for them to clear the remaining 2022 applicants (based on the Ministers publicly stated numbers). Unless something drastically changes with their internal processes, such as removing the need for attending a ceremony, many applicants will not be approved and/or attend a ceremony until some time next year.

It's such a poorly mismanaged process that many of the applicants that attended the June 19/20 ceremonies still have not received their naturalisation certificate nearly two months later. That's absurd!

I don't mean to be the pessimist here, but the numbers don't lie and I have virtually no hope left they are doing anything more to clear the backlog.

Blackbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Blackbox » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:03 pm

RCCar wrote:
Hopefully,mine still got stuck on
"Application Submitted to NVB for processing"
No movement on tracker since 1st of August.

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:13 pm

sairsint wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:46 am
RCCar wrote:
I think you're being too optimistic. According to the posts in the 2022 timelines, I've only seen applicants which have originally applied up to March 2022 and also received the evetting request on 22 May 2023 finally proceed to the NVB stage. At the current rate the ISD are processing applications it will be ~5-6 more months for them to clear the remaining 2022 applicants (based on the Ministers publicly stated numbers). Unless something drastically changes with their internal processes, such as removing the need for attending a ceremony, many applicants will not be approved and/or attend a ceremony until some time next year.

It's such a poorly mismanaged process that many of the applicants that attended the June 19/20 ceremonies still have not received their naturalisation certificate nearly two months later. That's absurd!

I don't mean to be the pessimist here, but the numbers don't lie and I have virtually no hope left they are doing anything more to clear the backlog.

I completely agree this process is revolting and completely inefficient. The minister said that getting Irish citizenship is a privilege which it is supposed to be but what she is actually saying is that we dont deserve the respect of a proper process.. The fact that the help email has an auto response with a page long of emails that will not be responded too is absolutely shocking ! I cannot believe the level of anxiety and stress that is acceptable to the minister. There is no management of expectations and you are just supposed to put your life on hold until you finally get some response. There is no end its like you could hear back in 6 months 10 months or 20 no one knows and that to me is probably the most disheartening of all.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:55 pm

Finally, my Evetting consent moved to completion block, and I got an email from citizenship saying that NVB would be in touch with me in the next few weeks. I'm glad that my application for 17 months has been moved along.