ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Post by HappyDuck » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:41 am

Still no certificate received. It's been 7 weeks since June 20th unfortunately.

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:03 am

Fore those who already received the certificate, did you get it in the usual brown envelope or was it different this time?

Thanks!

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:16 am

Brown, registered mail

anxxxxie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by anxxxxie » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:23 pm

Finally received mine last Thursday -- just sent in my passport application this afternoon.

For those that are still waiting, hang in there, this is nearly over now!

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:27 am

No luck yet

20 June seems likes ages ago ...

Hoping to get certificate by next year....how can a system be so pathetic

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:17 am

It's just my opinion, but each of you still waiting should be contacting your TD's until it arrives. It's completely unacceptable that you've done everything you're supposed to do; I.e. provided loads of paperwork, waited your turn for months to years, paid expensive fees, sorted your affairs to attend a ceremony (some last minute), signed your declaration, etc. and the government isn't holding up their side of the deal and in an orderly fashion.

To leave so many people in a state of legal limbo for weeks to months is completely unacceptable and this should be raised with TD's a priority to take up with the minister. This department should be required to hand you your certificate immediately following the signing of the declaration, instead of being unprepared for the ceremony to where they don't have it available on the day. At the very least, there should be a guarantee you will receive it within 5-7 working days (or something like this) because it's not okay to put recently naturalised people in this situation.

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:33 am

Finally received today

Now the passport wait :)

I thought passport application is online, is that not the case and we need to send document via post ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:48 am

Prashantckc wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:33 am
Finally received today

Now the passport wait :)

I thought passport application is online, is that not the case and we need to send document via post ?
It's online fully for some categories (eg renewals); for first time applicants some of the things you need to send by post.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:05 am

Postman came but did not have the cert. It'll be 8 weeks of wait by tomorrow morning.

Am I the only one still waiting for the cert in this thread now? I'm still clinging on to some hope, but it's dwindling for sure.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:00 am

HappyDuck wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:05 am
Postman came but did not have the cert. It'll be 8 weeks of wait by tomorrow morning.

Am I the only one still waiting for the cert in this thread now? I'm still clinging on to some hope, but it's dwindling for sure.
Why not contact your TD? It's a very simply query at this point, especially if you're not getting any answers from the ISD.

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:13 pm

I've contacted all of my local TDs as it has been radio silence from the Department.

I'm left in limbo as the department retained my stateless irish travel document and left me with no ID or documentation.

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:21 pm

Managed to get a reply through my local TD. The department is saying that my certificate is not lost, it's just in the final stages of processing.

If anyone else is waiting for their certificate. I hope this also gives you some hope that you're not the only ones and that there still some certs being processed.

Gardella
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Gardella » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:40 am

For those of you applying for your first passport now:

A sad and frustrating day. I applied for my first passport on Aug 1, and was given an estimated date of Aug 31. Yesterday, Friday Aug 18, I received an email saying there was a problem. They say they can't process the application without the ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION. So, don't believe the instructions you are given when you apply, which clearly state they will accept a certified copy of the certificate. I made the mistake of doing this. I spent the money for a solicitor to certify a copy of my certificate. You had best risk sending in your original certificate, which we have been told can't be replaced.

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:27 pm

Cheers for the heads up about the passport submission!

I'm still waiting for my cert. It's close to 10 weeks now, so I submitted a FOI request in desperation.

Paint
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Paint » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:09 pm

Any luck, HappyDuck?

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:58 am

Paint wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:09 pm
Any luck, HappyDuck?
Still no certificate unfortunately. This new process of getting the cert later by post feels frustrating, it's almost 11 weeks and I might get to 3 months before getting the certificate, and then there'll be another 2 months wait to get the first time passport.

Muzytr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Muzytr » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:58 pm

Any update for certificate?

Have you tried to ask info with act of information freedom?
HappyDuck wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:58 am
Paint wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:09 pm
Any luck, HappyDuck?
Still no certificate unfortunately. This new process of getting the cert later by post feels frustrating, it's almost 11 weeks and I might get to 3 months before getting the certificate, and then there'll be another 2 months wait to get the first time passport.

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:17 am

Thank you for asking! Still no certificate unfortunately, on Tuesday it'll be 12 weeks since the ceremony.

I submitted a Freedom of Information request 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back from that one either, but FOI requests can take a while.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:45 pm

I suppose the good news is you should get your passport quicker than 2 months when you finally get your cert as long as your documents are in order and if you do an online application and not by post.
My husbands passport arrived yesterday and took 4 weeks total including time for them asking for additional documents. Passport card dispatched today.
I know I was saying before that people just needed to wait for the cert but 12 weeks really is a very unreasonable time period. I hope you get it soon. They shouldn't be organising new ceremonies until they have completed everything from the previous one.

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:45 am

Appreciate the dose of optimism! We had to cancel our October and November trips.

No certificate this morning, but I sent my weekly round of emails to the department. Last update I got was in early August saying that my certificate is in the final stages of processing and will be with me very soon, which was more than 5 weeks ago.

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:19 am

13 weeks of wait since June 20th and counting up. I email the department weekly but get no responses. They're doing a new ceremony in 2 weeks on October 2nd.

I had originally submitted a Freedom of Information request to get an update on my certificate, the officers kept trying to persuade me to withdraw it, saying that I wouldn't get any useful update. I kept going with my application and now a few months later, they're extending it by more time. I tried to appeal the Freedom of Information request extension and they told me that I'd have to pay and they get a 3 weeks extra on the appeal, and if I get nothing, I'd have to chase them again.

Basically, FOI requests (Freedom of Information) exists as a mere token to give the illusion of transparency. As soon as you try to exercise your right to transparency, they put every roadblock possible in your way and keep stalling your application and trying to convince you to drop it. Delays are one thing, but this kind of dishonesty with FOI and deliberate attempts to frustrate the applicant into dropping their request has opened my eyes to how some of the government's bodies are run. Extremely disappointed.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:24 am

I hope they can print your cert with the new portion of certs after this ceremony, if they don't do it I'd say November 1, hire immigration solicitor and go to court

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:46 am

HappyDuck wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:19 am
13 weeks of wait since June 20th and counting up. I email the department weekly but get no responses. They're doing a new ceremony in 2 weeks on October 2nd.

I had originally submitted a Freedom of Information request to get an update on my certificate, the officers kept trying to persuade me to withdraw it, saying that I wouldn't get any useful update. I kept going with my application and now a few months later, they're extending it by more time. I tried to appeal the Freedom of Information request extension and they told me that I'd have to pay and they get a 3 weeks extra on the appeal, and if I get nothing, I'd have to chase them again.

Basically, FOI requests (Freedom of Information) exists as a mere token to give the illusion of transparency. As soon as you try to exercise your right to transparency, they put every roadblock possible in your way and keep stalling your application and trying to convince you to drop it. Delays are one thing, but this kind of dishonesty with FOI and deliberate attempts to frustrate the applicant into dropping their request has opened my eyes to how some of the government's bodies are run. Extremely disappointed.
I don't know where you live, but depending on how extreme you want to take things, you can try to show up to Burgh Quay and insist on talking to someone. It may or may not be fruitful, but you're in limbo now.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:16 pm

It's finally here!! I got my Citizenship Certificate after 14 weeks of wait!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:19 pm

HappyDuck wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:16 pm
It's finally here!! I got my Citizenship Certificate after 14 weeks of wait!
That's an immense amount of waiting, but glad you got it in the end; congratulations!

If I were you, I'd send off a certified copy - they may ask for an original, but it just gives you a chance to always have it with ya. But up to you to decide.