ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query around Breaking continuous residence for Long Residence ILR 10 year route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

clariejoseph80
United States of America

Query around using english certificate after 2 years for ILR

Post by clariejoseph80 » Fri May 12, 2023 4:37 pm

Hello all,

My Husband holds an ILR through 10-year residency, I would be now applying for ILR through the 10-year route I have got the following query

1) I was on Tier 2 general dependent visa pre December 2020
2) In December 2020 I applied for FLR M visa as a dependent of a settled person and gave a SELT B1 (Speaking & Listening) LanguageCert International ESOL to prove English language skills
3) Since it is more than 2 years can I use my SELT B1 from LanguageCert given in December 2020 for my ILR application

Could you’ll please advise, Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query around using english certificate after 2 years for ILR

Post by zimba » Fri May 12, 2023 5:04 pm

Yes you can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

clariejoseph80
United States of America

Re: Query around using english certificate after 2 years for ILR

Post by clariejoseph80 » Sat May 13, 2023 9:39 pm

Thanks Zimba for the reply

clariejoseph80
United States of America

Query on which type of ILR application to be used

Post by clariejoseph80 » Tue May 16, 2023 9:52 pm

Hello all,

My Husband holds an ILR through 10-year residency, I Have always been a dependant on him in terms of visa, now I have completed my 10 years in UK on different dependant visa in UK

1) 6 Years TIER 2 ICT dependant
2) 2 Years TIER 2 General dependant
3) 2 Year Family route dependant visa of a settled person

Could you'll please suggest which type of application should I use for my ILR Application, Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Query on which type of ILR application to be used

Post by meself2 » Wed May 17, 2023 12:28 am

SET(LR), same as what your husband used, assuming you're in line with absence limits and such.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 17, 2023 9:12 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

clariejoseph80
United States of America

Post by clariejoseph80 » Wed May 17, 2023 9:52 am

Thanks Zimba and meself2

clariejoseph80
United States of America

Query around the time of applying ILR

Post by clariejoseph80 » Wed May 17, 2023 10:31 am

Hello All,

I am applying for ILR under SET(LR) , I am eligible to apply for it but have below queries as I have a holiday planned and would like your advice, Thanks

1) My Current Family route visa expires on 5 August 2023, I have a planned holiday from 20 July to 2 August 2023 to the US , and would return back on 2 August to UK , As my BRP has an expiration date of 5 August would there be problem at UK immigration when I enter the UK on 2 August
2) Can I Submit the ILR application once I enter the UK on 3 August 2023
3) Is there a possibility of Submitting the ILR application before my US trip and then leave the UK , would there be a problem at immigration

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query around the time of applying ILR

Post by zimba » Wed May 17, 2023 10:44 am

Please refrain from starting a new topic for each question regarding your application. Just stick to this post :!:

You should apply after you return from your trip. Having left a few days on a visa is not an issue. If you apply for an application and then travel, your application will be automatically withdrawn as per the rules

clariejoseph80
United States of America

Re: Query around the time of applying ILR

Post by clariejoseph80 » Wed May 17, 2023 12:42 pm

Thanks, Zimba your are a star, will refrain from starting new topic for my ILR queries

clariejoseph80
United States of America

Query around Breaking continuous residence for Long Residence ILR 10 year route

Post by clariejoseph80 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:40 pm

Hello All

My Husband holds an ILR through a 10-year residency, I Have always been a dependant on him in terms of visa, now I have completed my 10 years in UK on different dependant visa in UK

1) 6 Years TIER 2 ICT dependant
2) 2 Years TIER 2 General dependant
3) 2 Year Family route dependant visa of a settled person

But while switching from TIER 2 ICT dependant to TIER 2 General dependant following were the circumstances

1) My husband had left the company sponsoring his previous TIER 2 ICT visa 4 months back and was on his new TIER 2 General visa ( Would the company have terminated my TIER 2 ICT dependant ?)
2) I traveled out of UK and the Visa switch was done out of UK
3) At the time of my switch my TIER 2 ICT dependant had expiry date which was more than 6 months away
4) Please note I have never been out of the UK for more than 150 days during these 10 years

Would have the above scenario caused a break in my continuous residence for Long Residence ILR 10 year route, Could you'll please advise, Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query around Breaking continuous residence for Long Residence ILR 10 year route

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:25 pm

Please refrain from starting a new post for your application. This is the second time you are told to stick to your topic :!:

There was no switch from 'TIER 2 ICT dependant to TIER 2 General dependant'. All PBS dependant visas are treated the same as they were all granted under the same rules. If you left the UK with a valid visa and returned within 180 days, then continuous residence is not broken under the long residence rules. The expiry date of your visa or the type of new visa you returned with is irrelevant

clariejoseph80
United States of America

Re: Query around Breaking continuous residence for Long Residence ILR 10 year route

Post by clariejoseph80 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:48 pm

Thanks Zimba will stick to this post

clariejoseph80
United States of America

Post by clariejoseph80 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:00 pm

Just another thought Zimba would my visa be valid under this circumstance,

1) My husband had left the company sponsoring his previous TIER 2 ICT visa 4 months back and was on his new TIER 2 General visa ( Would the company have terminated my TIER 2 ICT dependant ?)

can a company terminate a dependent visa before its expiry making it invalid?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:21 pm

No. The Home Office would have to curtail or cancel leave in writing.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:38 pm

clariejoseph80 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:00 pm
Just another thought Zimba would my visa be valid under this circumstance,

can a company terminate a dependent visa before its expiry making it invalid?
As Vinny pointed out, under the immigration rules no visa automatically becomes invalid due to some side effect. A valid visa must be curtailed or cancelled by the UKVI if deemed necessary. This will be communicated to a visa holder. Unless a visa is cancelled or curtailed, a visa will remain valid until expiry

There is a guide on this: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ission.pdf

clariejoseph80
United States of America

Post by clariejoseph80 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:01 pm

Thanks Vinny and Zimba for your valuable advice