ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application date - falls on weekend

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application date - falls on weekend

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:54 am

samory wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:04 pm
zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:09 pm
DWP may or may not check your immigration status. You are required to abide by the conditions of your stay. It also seems that you knew you did not qualify for it when applying.

Public funds are defined very clearly: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... blic-funds
Thanks, I suspected it, but when the consultant doctor insisted, I thought there are some exceptions otherwise DWP would reject the application because they requested certified copies and originals of passports and BRP.

I wrote to DWP and I will arrange to return these benefits then provide evidence and write a cover letter to caseworker when applying for ILR.
With what you outlined above should be alright.

samory
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application date - falls on weekend

Post by samory » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:44 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:54 am
samory wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:04 pm
zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:09 pm
DWP may or may not check your immigration status. You are required to abide by the conditions of your stay. It also seems that you knew you did not qualify for it when applying.

Public funds are defined very clearly: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... blic-funds
Thanks, I suspected it, but when the consultant doctor insisted, I thought there are some exceptions otherwise DWP would reject the application because they requested certified copies and originals of passports and BRP.

I wrote to DWP and I will arrange to return these benefits then provide evidence and write a cover letter to caseworker when applying for ILR.
With what you outlined above should be alright.
Thank you