ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

ILR Priority Service

Post by drengshehata » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:25 am

Hi Moderators,
My daughter is gonna apply for ILR using the priority service of having the decision within 5 days. I read once that the decision may take longer despite the fast track paid service, any advice on this please?
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Priority Service

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:08 am

drengshehata wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:25 am
Hi Moderators,
My daughter is gonna apply for ILR using the priority service of having the decision within 5 days. I read once that the decision may take longer despite the fast track paid service, any advice on this please?
Thanks
The priority service is not a guaranteed service. And she will have to secure the priority service first as the forum.is replete with reports of non availability.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:19 am

I'm unsure what advice can the forum members give here - you may or may not get your application processed in the given timeframe, it depends on your case and UKVI.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:43 am

Thank you for your prompt response. I just wanted to confirm that the HO is gonna stick to the stated time frames and that we are going to hear from them irregardless the case (straightforward or need more documents to be submitted).

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:25 pm

drengshehata wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:43 am
Thank you for your prompt response. I just wanted to confirm that the HO is gonna stick to the stated time frames and that we are going to hear from them irregardless the case (straightforward or need more documents to be submitted).
There is no guarantee of the stated time frame being adhered to.
Most times you will be informed if it will take more time or additional documents required.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:37 pm

drengshehata wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:25 am
Hi Moderators,
Thanks
Is this for your over 18 year old daughter applying at the same time as your other dependents?

Are all your dependents applying for priority service?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:37 pm

Thanks CR001. Yes, it's for my +18y daughter application only. After that I will apply for the rest of my family one by one but using the standard service.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:46 pm

You cannot apply for one dependent without applying for the others.

Your spouse and children only qualify for ILR if they apply together if you already have ILR.

The only way you could split it, is if your spouse applies first and the children apply later. You cannot do it the other way round.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:55 pm

This is so kind of you, I do appreciate your advice, thanks a million for this.
I am a BC and thought that we coukd start with this application first due to finance.
So you recommend me to apply first for my wife and kids under 18y, then I can apply for the rest afterwards?
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:20 pm

I am a BC and thought that we coukd start with this application first due to finance.
Your BC status is irrelevant in this regard.
So you recommend me to apply first for my wife and kids under 18y, then I can apply for the rest afterwards?
Apply for wife first and children later. You simply cannot apply for children without applying for your wife.

When do their visas expire?

Unclear why you want to process priority just for the over 18 year old child?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:34 pm

Visa expires on 28 Oct. 23 and first BRP was issued on 07 Sep 2018.
I do this because of university fees.
Thanks again for your support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:52 pm

You do not really have the time before 1st September, which is the date used to determine eligibility for home fees, to make the application, enroll biometrics and get a decision, in my opinion.

Your older child could simply defer studying for a year anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:05 pm

Really appreciate your kind advice, but we can submit the applications now.
Once again, thank you for your time and wish you all the best.

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:19 pm

Hi CR001,
Would you please confirm me if the IDV app is no more available please? Do the applicants now have to attend an appointment?

Many thanks and regards

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:27 pm

drengshehata wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:19 pm
Hi CR001,
Would you please confirm me if the IDV app is no more available please? Do the applicants now have to attend an appointment?

Many thanks and regards
UKVI decides if you can do IDV or not.
Some people get IDV, some don't - if you were told to get an appointment, do so.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:35 pm

Thank you for your prompt response. I haven't received any emails to inform me to use this service as mentioned on their welcoming registeration email, however, I found the book appointment option has been made available on my site and that I must attend book an appointment. I have never attended one, all was via IDV app. I am a bit confused should I book an appointment now or wait for this email to notify me whether or not to use the IDV app.
Regards,

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:14 pm

Hi Moderators,
May I ask you please if you could share the email address of home office to ask for a refund for a priority service. I applied for ILR with priority service and no outcome was received from the HO during the 5 working days as stated in the application form.
Thanks and regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:27 pm

drengshehata wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:14 pm
Hi Moderators,
May I ask you please if you could share the email address of home office to ask for a refund for a priority service. I applied for ILR with priority service and no outcome was received from the HO during the 5 working days as stated in the application form.
Thanks and regards
What date did your dependents attend biometrics?

Did you apply for Priority for ALL your dependents or only your 18 year old daughter?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:59 pm

My daughter attended a paid appointment on 26th Aug.
The rest will attend a free appointment on 13th Sept.
I paid only priority service for my daughter application.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:46 pm
You cannot apply for one dependent without applying for the others.

Your spouse and children only qualify for ILR if they apply together if you already have ILR.

The only way you could split it, is if your spouse applies first and the children apply later. You cannot do it the other way round.
You were already advised you cant do that . Children cannot get ilr if the other parent doesnt get ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:17 pm

So what would you recommend in this case? Should I cancel this application and make a new one?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:29 pm

Your daughters application will be considered with or after your spouse application, as the rules state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

drengshehata
Mood:
Germany

Post by drengshehata » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:55 pm

Many thanks for your advice. Is there a way to contact the HO to ask for the priority service refund then, please?
Thanks