ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit. How do they return supporting documents?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krakozhab
Newly Registered
Belarus

Child Benefit. How do they return supporting documents?

Post by krakozhab » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:13 pm

Hi all,

I am going to apply for Child Benefits as, finally, all our family received ILRs. Since my daughter was not born in the UK, I will need to send her birth certificate and her passport along with the application. I am a bit worried about how will they return the documents. Will they use the standard post or special delivery? It is a bit risky to send such important documents by regular post. Did anybody have this experience?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child Benefit. How do they return supporting documents?

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:50 pm

Returned by standard post. You can take certified copies before you send.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

krakozhab
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by krakozhab » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:23 pm

Thank you, Amber. I am afraid that the certified copy of the passport will not work anyway in case the documents are lost. What if I enclose a prepaid special delivery envelope asking them to return the documents in this envelope? Did anybody use this method?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:05 pm

I’m not sure how they would deal with that, you could try it but they may not do so.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:50 pm

If you send them a special delivery envelope with your address on it, I have seen previously that they use the same envelope to return it to you, but other times they just send it back second class. Hit and miss but worth a try
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Dashh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dashh » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:31 pm

Hi

Can you let me know if they used the prepaid envelope?
I am helping my friend with their child benefit form and she's a bit hesitant sending the documents without secured delivery.

Thanks in advance

krakozhab
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by krakozhab » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:07 pm

Hi all,

Finally, received my supporting documents from the Child Benefit office (submitted a few weeks ago). I used special delivery to submit the documents and application form. I also enclosed a short cover letter where asked to return the documents using a prepaid special delivery envelope that I also attached. I just want to confirm that they used the prepaid special delivery envelope to return my supporting documents.

I hope this information can be helpful for someone who worries about the safe return of the documents.