ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(O) GTV to ILR - Confusing Evidence Requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

slackdrop
Newly Registered
China

Set(O) GTV to ILR - Confusing Evidence Requirements

Post by slackdrop » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:31 pm

Hi everyone.

I scoured the board for answers but wasn't able to find any - so decided to open a new thread.

I've recently completed an application form for ILR coming from Global Talent Visa, combined with Tier 2 (General).

In the document checklist, it's asking for the following two pieces of evidence.

Document 1:
Official tax documents from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) or an employer showing earnings on which you paid tax or will pay in a tax year
Document 2:
An official tax document produced by HM Revenue & Customs or the applicant’s employer, which shows earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year, and is either
  • A document produced by HM Revenue & Customs that shows details of declarable taxable income on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year, such as a tax refund letter or tax demand,
  • A P60 document produced by an employer as an official return to HM Revenue & Customs, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid in a tax year, or
  • A document produced by a person, business, or company as an official return to HM Revenue & Customs, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year, and which has been approved, registered, or stamped by HM Revenue & Customs; or
  • Dividend vouchers, confirming the gross and net dividend paid by a company to the applicant, normally from its profits. The applicant must provide a separate dividend voucher or payment advice slip for each dividend payment.
Am I missing some subtlety here? To me it looks like the two documents are referring to the same thing.

Originally I was just planning on submitting 2 year's worth of P60 forms. Can I upload them twice to satisfy both requirements? Or do I need to now procure a separate piece of evidence?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Set(O) GTV to ILR - Confusing Evidence Requirements

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:41 pm

Sometimes same piece of document can be used to satisfy 2 requirements, it appears to be so in this case.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:27 am

There is NO specific evidentiary requirement under the GTV rules at all: ILR earning requirement under Global Talent Visa

The checklist does not reflect the rules and simply shows a bunch of options you may consider. There is no specific requirement to satisfy. You may choose to send whatever document you have to show that you were earning money in your field
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samory
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samory » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:30 am

slackdrop wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:31 pm
Hi everyone.

I scoured the board for answers but wasn't able to find any - so decided to open a new thread.

I've recently completed an application form for ILR coming from Global Talent Visa, combined with Tier 2 (General).

In the document checklist, it's asking for the following two pieces of evidence.

Document 1:
Official tax documents from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) or an employer showing earnings on which you paid tax or will pay in a tax year
Document 2:
An official tax document produced by HM Revenue & Customs or the applicant’s employer, which shows earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year, and is either
  • A document produced by HM Revenue & Customs that shows details of declarable taxable income on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year, such as a tax refund letter or tax demand,
  • A P60 document produced by an employer as an official return to HM Revenue & Customs, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid in a tax year, or
  • A document produced by a person, business, or company as an official return to HM Revenue & Customs, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year, and which has been approved, registered, or stamped by HM Revenue & Customs; or
  • Dividend vouchers, confirming the gross and net dividend paid by a company to the applicant, normally from its profits. The applicant must provide a separate dividend voucher or payment advice slip for each dividend payment.
Am I missing some subtlety here? To me it looks like the two documents are referring to the same thing.

Originally I was just planning on submitting 2 year's worth of P60 forms. Can I upload them twice to satisfy both requirements? Or do I need to now procure a separate piece of evidence?
Hi sorry to interrupt your post,

Can I ask please if you stated in the application that you also work/worked as a self employed?

I filled the ILR application coming from GTV before just to check the checklist / documentation requirements and what you displayed did not appear to me exactly in this wording especially the HMRC thing. What was displayed is some generic letter needed from employer for example

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:32 pm

This often happens when you treat the application as a full disclosure and answer YES to questions which are not relevant to your visa route. You often end up with an inaccurate document list at the end. Form SET(O) covers many visa routes, so you could get questions not relevant to your route which ends up making its document checklist creation somewhat dumb, so you should only answer YES to the questions relevant to your route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

slackdrop
Newly Registered
China

Post by slackdrop » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:46 pm

Can I ask please if you stated in the application that you also work/worked as a self employed?
I did not. I stated that I was employed.

Anyways, I just ended up uploading my 2 P60 forms twice. Not that it mattered in the end, ILR got approved on the same day.

Thanks everyone for the help!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:14 am

Congratulations

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:48 am

Glad you've got approval!

I reckon that both the GTV and ILR (based on this route) forms can be confusing, ambiguous or repetitive. If you had a look the same happens in the part where "evidence of earnings in expert field are requested".

Likely you'll receive a survey or feedback request from UKVI on your GTV or ILR/GTV application. Take this opportunity to let them know that some changes are needed in these forms.

Mabincredible
United Kingdom

Post by Mabincredible » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:48 pm

slackdrop wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:46 pm

Anyways, I just ended up uploading my 2 P60 forms twice. Not that it mattered in the end, ILR got approved on the same day.

Congratulations on getting approved.

Am I right to understand that, while on work visa, you only need to provide p60s even if you also do self-employment that aligns with your leave condition? Thanks.

samory
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samory » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:02 am

slackdrop wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:46 pm

Congratulations 👏
Did you submit any letters from employer?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:36 pm

The OP was on the Global Talent visa which is NOT a sponsored work visa. There are no specific finances or work-related evidence defined under the rules as already shown. You provide whatever you have to show you worked in your respective field

There is no specific earning requirement for ILR under Global Talent Visa route