ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rent Agreement as Residency Proof

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NotionsOToole
Newly Registered
Ireland

Rent Agreement as Residency Proof

Post by NotionsOToole » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:54 pm

Started on the citizenship application, then had a busy summer, and they've gone and changed the form and proofs!

Previously, Rent Agreement plus proof of payment was required. Now it's just Rent Agreement. While we have rent agreements for every home over the last 6 years, we haven't moved annually and haven't a *new* document for each year.

Does anyone know if the same rent agreement can be used for more than one year? For example if we commenced a tenancy in March 21 and next moved in April 23, can I use the rent agreement for 2 years? I've proof of payment if necessary, but it's no longer requested. Or do I need to find another proof to cover 22?

Cloughlinvt
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Rent Agreement as Residency Proof

Post by Cloughlinvt » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:00 pm

Hi,

I used the same rent agreement for two years. i printed it out twice, one for each year, then highlighted in my bank statements the rent payments, as well as added in the RTB letter that i got annually to show it was still the same house/ rental agreement. They accepted my application and didn't ask questions on proof of residence.

Cloughlinvt
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Cloughlinvt » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:01 pm

Forgot to add- I also asked my landlord for a confirmation of residence letter that stated when my lease started and that it was currently still the same lease and all rent has been paid. it was on a letterhead document with contact info.

NotionsOToole
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NotionsOToole » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:04 pm

Thanks a mill, I'm glad to hear that worked for you.
We've got RTB confirmation, proof of payment in statements, and landlord references that have start/end dates. Hopefully that'll be us covered.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:10 pm

We requested guidance on this from INIS. In typical fashion, the guidance we received was not unambiguous. It did say that a document was needed providing evidence for every year of residency claimed. The guidance did not clarify if a lease that was ongoing counted as a document for subsequent years.

We have however seen applicants who provided a lease covering multi-years being contacted to ask for additional documents. (And some, doing the same, who have received citizenship without requests for further documents. So there is no
absolutes here.)

I suspect it depends on the official reviewing your file and the strength of the rest of your application. If at all possible I would strongly recommend supplying a separate piece of documentation for each year - eg a utility bill. Save yourself the chance that additional documents are requested so you don’t get pulled out of the processing queue and sent to the back.

And for prospective applicants who rent - chase the RTB for your annual re-registration if it doesn’t arrive promptly. I suspect this scoresheet was developed in anticipation that applicants would have either annual mortgage statements or annual RTB statements, as is now required.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:12 pm

NotionsOToole wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:04 pm
Thanks a mill, I'm glad to hear that worked for you.
We've got RTB confirmation, proof of payment in statements, and landlord references that have start/end dates. Hopefully that'll be us covered.
Annual RTB confirmation will suffice. As a third party confirmation, it is likely to be better than the lease itself, which is relatively easy to fake.