ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization for child under 18 with ILE visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalization for child under 18 with ILE visa

Post by Amala » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:49 pm

Hi,

My child who is 1 year old was born outside the UK last year. He has ILE visa and is present in the UK since February 2023. My partner is due to apply for naturalization next week. So when can I apply for naturalization for my child. Is it after my partner has successfully received his citizenship or can I apply for my child the same time as applying for my partner?
The guidance in MN1 form says one parent is British citizen or due to become one soon through naturalization application and the other parent settled status. This is causing some confusion for me. Any guidance regarding this. Since my child is not yet 2 year old as per my understanding he does not have to meet the 2 year residence criteria.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization for child under 18 with ILE visa

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:28 am

Amala wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:49 pm
Hi,

My child who is 1 year old was born outside the UK last year. He has ILE visa and is present in the UK since February 2023. My partner is due to apply for naturalization next week. So when can I apply for naturalization for my child. Is it after my partner has successfully received his citizenship or can I apply for my child the same time as applying for my partner? Your child will be registered as that is what's aoplicable to children
The guidance in MN1 form says one parent is British citizen or due to become one soon through naturalization application and the other parent settled status. This is causing some confusion for me. Any guidance regarding this. Since my child is not yet 2 year old as per my understanding he does not have to meet the 2 year residence criteria.
MN1 application for child same time as mother going to apply AN.