ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ongoing ILR application but need to go out of the country for compassionate reason

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ladypotter
Newly Registered
Philippines

Ongoing ILR application but need to go out of the country for compassionate reason

Post by ladypotter » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:53 am

Hello and good day.
I have a friend who has lost 2 family members in her home country and had to fly back while her ILR application is ongoing.
I know that her ILR would be automatically withdrawn but is there no way for the HOME OFFICE to consider her ILR due to compassionate grounds?
She still holds a valid visa so she can still come back to the UK but it is just a shame that your 2400 quid is just gone...

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Ongoing ILR application but need to go out of the country for compassionate reason

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:42 am

ladypotter wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:53 am
Hello and good day.
I have a friend who has lost 2 family members in her home country and had to fly back while her ILR application is ongoing.
I know that her ILR would be automatically withdrawn but is there no way for the HOME OFFICE to consider her ILR due to compassionate grounds? You have to contact them and state the grounds backed with evidence.
She still holds a valid visa so she can still come back to the UK but it is just a shame that your 2400 quid is just gone...
Has she left already?

ladypotter
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Ongoing ILR application but need to go out of the country for compassionate reason

Post by ladypotter » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:44 am

Unfortunately yes. It was a sudden death of both her family members in a span of 2 days so she couldnt bear to wait any longer...