ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa extension application questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension- landlord letter

Post by MAdnan1 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:13 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:51 pm
couchsurfer wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:26 pm

Should I request a letter from landlord stating this and that we are still currently living in their property on a month to month contract? No, as you had an AST before(I presume), once it ends it rolls it over month to month and this is well understood. No need to get any letter about this.

Thanks
Just a query about the landlord letter, if I have a rental agreement via the estate agent do I still need to provide the landlord letter to further support the application or is that not necessary?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension- rental agreement letter?

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:36 am

MAdnan1 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:13 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:51 pm
couchsurfer wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:26 pm

Should I request a letter from landlord stating this and that we are still currently living in their property on a month to month contract? No, as you had an AST before(I presume), once it ends it rolls it over month to month and this is well understood. No need to get any letter about this.

Thanks
Just a query about the landlord letter, if I have a rental agreement via the estate agent do I still need to provide the landlord letter to further support the application or is that not necessary?
Yes. So called NOC letter does not have to be from landlord, the estate agent can also issue this.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:55 am

Great, will make sure I get that letter from them.

There is something else that I am unsure about. Before we moved into our current rental, we were residing at my parents house, which is address under which we did the initial application for my spouse. Now I am about to start preparing for the FLR(M) extension..

Because we thought of staying here temporarily before we move onto getting our own house there are certain supporting document which still have my parents address and not our current for example our bank statements, tax returns, driving licenses and few others. For council tax, utility bills, NHS, doctor letter etc we have on the current rental address.. so I can see it causing confusion.

Would this cause any issues with my application? Or could I explain via a small letter?

Could I technically still do the FLR application under my parents address? If not, do I have to get my address changed on all these documents.

What is the best course of action :?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:37 am

MAdnan1 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:55 am
Great, will make sure I get that letter from them.

There is something else that I am unsure about. Before we moved into our current rental, we were residing at my parents house, which is address under which we did the initial application for my spouse. Now I am about to start preparing for the FLR(M) extension..

Because we thought of staying here temporarily before we move onto getting our own house there are certain supporting document which still have my parents address and not our current for example our bank statements, tax returns, driving licenses and few others. For council tax, utility bills, NHS, doctor letter etc we have on the current rental address.. so I can see it causing confusion.

Would this cause any issues with my application? Or could I explain via a small letter?

Could I technically still do the FLR application under my parents address? If not, do I have to get my address changed on all these documents.

What is the best course of action :?
To avoid the confusion you have yourself identified it could cause, better to change address for bank statements, tax returns etc.
Are you aware you are liable to be fined for not changing the address on your driving licence?
Letters and correspondences preceeding when you moved to current address can still be used if needed to meet up previous 2years requirements.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:31 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:37 am
MAdnan1 wrote:
To avoid the confusion you have yourself identified it could cause, better to change address for bank statements, tax returns etc.
Are you aware you are liable to be fined for not changing the address on your driving licence?
Letters and correspondences preceeding when you moved to current address can still be used if needed to meet up previous 2years requirements.
Oh really, I was unaware about the driving license scenario.

The issue I have now with tax returns because they have already been filed for previous year on the parents address, I cannot change that to show my current rental address. So that leaves me a bit stuck, but I’m going to need to show these documents as I am going to fulfil the financial requirement as self employed income. Is there any other way around this?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:06 am

MAdnan1 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:31 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:37 am
MAdnan1 wrote:
Oh really, I was unaware about the driving license scenario.

The issue I have now with tax returns because they have already been filed for previous year on the parents address, I cannot change that to show my current rental address. So that leaves me a bit stuck, but I’m going to need to show these documents as I am going to fulfil the financial requirement as self employed income. Is there any other way around this?
Maybe an explanation in cover letter can help. Wait for MODs to clarify.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR(M) spouse visa extension - limited company/self employment

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:48 pm

Hi guys, firstly i would like to thank everybody who runs this forum, it has been so instrumental when i initially applied to bring my wife over to the UK from Pakistan 2.5yrs ago! Life savers. :mrgreen:

Soon i will be gathering everything together to submit her 2.5yr extension. I have been researching and reading all the guidance documents (appendix FM 1.7, FM-SE) and forums in here just to build up a checklist - information overload has me pulling my hair out!

Just to give some background - I will be sponsoring the extension application to fulfill the financial requirement i will be using just my own income. I am a director of my own LTD company from where i take a salary and get wage slips and i withdraw dividends periodically as i require (no fixed dates/timeframe). The business tax years runs from November - November.

I just have a few queries below mainly relating to documentation to meet financial requirements, if you guys would be kind enough to guide me.

1. Just to check i have my dates right - initial spouse visa and entry granted 05/12/20, 33 months, expiry date on BRP 05/09/23 - it has now been OVER the 30 month period which was June 23 so i am good to submit my application anytime before 05/09/23, doing this will make it over the 5yrs stay required for ILR application.

2. I would be applying under Category F? income considered would be the salary/dividends taken out during the companies last full financial year (Nov 21 - Nov 22)

Could i get clarification about the financials documents i need below to show my wages and dividends income:

For the LTD company:
-Company tax return CT600 for previous full financial year and evidence this has been filed
-12 months business bank statements covering same period as the CT600
-evidence of companies house registration showing company details and director
-current appointment reports from companies house
- accountant certificate of confirmation along with fairly detailed unaudited accounts
-Proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for the purposes of PAYE and National Insurance, proof of PAYE reference number and accounts office ref number

For the Director Salary:
-P60 and Wage slips over the same period as the CT600 provided
-12 months personal bank statement covering same period to show director salary

For the Dividends:
-dividend vouchers for all dividends taken within same period as CT600 used with net dividend amount
-personal bank statement showing dividends were paid in (would the personal bank statements used for the salary not suffice? or do i need to print another lot of statements off for the dividends)

- evidence of ongoing employment as director or wage slips and personal bank statements to show paid in AFTER the period of the CT600 provided (so in my case - any wage slips after Nov 22, and how many wage slips after this period would be classed as sufficient to show ongoing employment?)

3. My wife (applicant) is also an employee and a shareholder of the company, but her income is not being used to meet the requirement - so i do not need to provide any financial documentation with regards to her income?

Sorry there may be a lot of waffle above, a reply and any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) spouse visa extension - limited company/self employment

Post by MAdnan1 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:35 pm

Hi please is anybody able to clarify the above?

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

spouse visa extension application questions

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:29 pm

Hi, we are about to submit the application for my wife's visa extension after 2.5yrs. I am her husband who is sponsoring her application.

One of the questions is asking about the sponsor/partners location during the application. phrased as below:

"Will your partner be in the UK on the date of your application?"

When it says date of your application is that the date when the application is submitted or during it is pending decision?

I will be leaving the country on September 3rd to go on holiday with some mates, so do you think I need to mention that I will not be in the UK or not?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: spouse visa extension application questions

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:31 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:29 pm
Hi, we are about to submit the application for my wife's visa extension after 2.5yrs. I am her husband who is sponsoring her application.

One of the questions is asking about the sponsor/partners location during the application. phrased as below:

"Will your partner be in the UK on the date of your application?"

When it says date of your application is that the date when the application is submitted or during it is pending decision?
Date of application the the date you pay and or submit online not during pensing decision.

I will be leaving the country on September 3rd to go on holiday with some mates, so do you think I need to mention that I will not be in the UK or not? No need to mention this.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:34 pm

Great, thanks for clarifying this.

just some help with this question below, does this need to be answered from my wife point of view or mine (sponsor) as it does not clarify?

'Provide details of the role you take in (our sons) upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements'

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:44 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:34 pm
Great, thanks for clarifying this.

just some help with this question below, does this need to be answered from my wife point of view or mine (sponsor) as it does not clarify?

'Provide details of the role you take in (our sons) upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements'
Responses are from the point of view of the applicant

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:51 pm

Thank you

For passport scanning, am I correct in saying for sponsors passport I need to scan all pages including blanks and for applicant it is just the bio page.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:01 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:51 pm
Thank you

For passport scanning, am I correct in saying for sponsors passport I need to scan all pages including blanks and for applicant it is just the bio page.
No, the other way round. Sponsor bio page only. Applicant bio page and all stamped pages.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:01 pm
MAdnan1 wrote:
Thank you

No, the other way round. Sponsor bio page only. Applicant bio page and all stamped pages.

I am a little confused now as it says on the application as you can see from the extract from the application it clearly states the all pages even blanks for the sponsor/partners passport.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 19.04.27.png
Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 19.04.27.png (248.84 KiB) Viewed 1824 times

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:19 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:01 pm
MAdnan1 wrote:
Thank you

I am a little confused now as it says on the application as you can see from the extract from the application it clearly states the all pages even blanks for the sponsor/partners passport.
While that's what is written there however based on experience and feedbacks no one has had an issue supplying what CR001 stated as that is what is required for sponsor ID. Therefore you do what you choose.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:13 am

Thank you for the replies, i have found this board to be a life saver over our visa journey!

So during part of the 2 years for cohabitation we lived at my parents address, on the application it states to provide a relative letter to confirm this. I have seen on some posts here that this is not mandatory? What are your thoughts on this from experience?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:17 am

MAdnan1 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:13 am
Thank you for the replies, i have found this board to be a life saver over our visa journey!

So during part of the 2 years for cohabitation we lived at my parents address, on the application it states to provide a relative letter to confirm this. I have seen on some posts here that this is not mandatory? What are your thoughts on this from experience?
Provide it.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:36 pm

Hi, wondering if anyone can help with regards to some of the documents for my limited company I am using to sponsor my wife's application.

(vi) A current Appointment Report from Companies House.
I am struggling to find the current appointment report - I have called Companies house and they have said we no longer provide these instead you can use the incorporation document or latest updated confirmation statement from the filing history. Any ideas if this will work with a cover letter?

(3) Proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for the purposes of PAYE and National Insurance, proof of PAYE reference number and Accounts Office reference number. This evidence may be in the form of a certified copy of the documentation issued by HMRC.
What can I use for this proof? Any ideas.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:21 pm

Hi guys quick help -

When providing personal bank statements to show dividends and salary payments, do I need to highlight them out in anyway? or filter them out? or will the officer just find them amongst the full statements themselves?

There is a lot of transactions in my personal statement so I am just thinking whether I should make it easier for them or do they want to see the FULL statement with everything.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:40 pm

Do not tamper or edit or amend it reduce the bank statement. Simply submit the whole bank statement. UKVI know what they are looking for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:40 pm
Do not tamper or edit or amend it reduce the bank statement. Simply submit the whole bank statement. UKVI know what they are looking for.
okay will make sure that I submit fully as downloaded. If you could clear another thought for me:

on Appendix FM-SE under section 9; It states to provide personal bank statements covering same period as CT600 to show payment of director salary paid but then as a separate point it also says personal bank statements to show dividends were paid into the account during the same period.

As my salary and dividends were paid into the same personal account, I'm presuming that the 1 statement would suffice as it would show both of these on there instead of 2 separate identical statements?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:37 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:40 pm
okay will make sure that I submit fully as downloaded. If you could clear another thought for me:

on Appendix FM-SE under section 9; It states to provide personal bank statements covering same period as CT600 to show payment of director salary paid but then as a separate point it also says personal bank statements to show dividends were paid into the account during the same period.

As my salary and dividends were paid into the same personal account, I'm presuming that the 1 statement would suffice as it would show both of these on there instead of 2 separate identical statements?
Your summation is correct. However you can name them differently to indicate this and not assume CW

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:42 pm

Hi guys, just a quick check/opinion on the 2 years cohabitation docs that I have collated together, I am aware every case differs and you cannot say with guarantee if the documents are sufficient but I'm just hoping for your opinion as you guys have seen a lot more than we have when it comes to these things, hope that's okay.

I have a mix of jointly named documents from 3 sources with the rest individually named. I will list below in date order, I have tried my best to get a mix of 4-5 sources leaving 3-4 months in between some are closer together.

Applicant:
09/21 Bank statement
09/21 NHS letter
12/21 Bank statement
02/22 DWP national insurance letter

Spouse/Sponsor:
10/21 DVLA certificate
11/21 Bank statement
01/22 Credit card statement
07/22 water bill

Jointly named:
04/22 tenancy agreement
10/22 tenancy agreement 12 month renewal
02/23 utility bill
03/23 council tax
06/23 council tax
07/23 utility bill

There is a small gap for my wife the applicant as we moved in 04/22 into our rented accommodation It took me a while to get things changed over, was a manic time for us. So I could not find any letters solely addressed to my wife in our new address between 04/22-01/23.

What do you think? Do I need to add any more sources/documents and is there anything I should remove?

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:57 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:42 pm
Hi guys, just a quick check/opinion on the 2 years cohabitation docs that I have collated together, I am aware every case differs and you cannot say with guarantee if the documents are sufficient but I'm just hoping for your opinion as you guys have seen a lot more than we have when it comes to these things, hope that's okay.

I have a mix of jointly named documents from 3 sources with the rest individually named. I will list below in date order, I have tried my best to get a mix of 4-5 sources leaving 3-4 months in between some are closer together.

Applicant:
09/21 Bank statement
09/21 NHS letter
12/21 Bank statement
02/22 DWP national insurance letter

Spouse/Sponsor:
10/21 DVLA certificate
11/21 Bank statement
01/22 Credit card statement
07/22 water bill

Jointly named:
04/22 tenancy agreement
10/22 tenancy agreement 12 month renewal
02/23 utility bill
03/23 council tax
06/23 council tax
07/23 utility bill

There is a small gap for my wife the applicant as we moved in 04/22 into our rented accommodation It took me a while to get things changed over, was a manic time for us. So I could not find any letters solely addressed to my wife in our new address between 04/22-01/23.

What do you think? Do I need to add any more sources/documents and is there anything I should remove?
I missed out these under spouse/sponsor docs:
01/23 Broadband bill
07/23 water bill