ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual Citizenship one EEA one not

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

birkeneve
Canada

Dual Citizenship one EEA one not

Post by birkeneve » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:04 pm

We reside in the UK and my son was given pre-settled status based on his Norwegian nationality. We tried to apply under his Canadian one but the offices in Norway said no.

Fast forward to now. The Norwegian Embassy is incompetent. There is no way to get an appointment to renew passports. They send an automated email saying go to another Norwegian Embassy or to Norway. I've contacted another Embassy and they said that they can't help us. If we go to Norway, they take my son's passport and he can't get back home to the UK. He is a minor with a disability and I am his carer.

Now for my question: Can we add his Canadian passport to his pre-settled status? His Norwegian one will expire in the spring and the wait times are supposedly 4 months (but without them actually releasing any appointments), it's hard to say when he can even renew his Norwegian one.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Dual Citizenship one EEA one not

Post by meself2 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:31 pm

A person on the forum mentioned it's possible - post2125391.html#p2125391
We had no trouble at the UK border and the UK border guard even said that my daughter's settled status is linked to her US passport as well as her Polish ID.
I have no idea how the procedure is, so you better off query the UKVI officials on that.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.