ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Dependent Visa - Paid only £247 and no IHS Fee

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shijinpeter1989
Newly Registered
India

Skilled Worker Dependent Visa - Paid only £247 and no IHS Fee

Post by shijinpeter1989 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:24 pm

Hi, I think I made a mistake. I am on a skilled worker visa (not a healthcare skilled visa) which is valid until November 2024 and my wife is on a graduate route visa until Oct 2023. So I was trying to apply a dependent visa for my wife. I used the following link to complete the visa application:

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

and I selected the option "apply online as your partner inside the UK"

I completed the online form and used my phone to scan her BRP card using the mobile app, but it was asked to pay only £247 and it did not ask to pay for a IHS charge or book for a biometric appointment. It asked me to upload any documents that show our relationship and that's all. It looks like I have used the wrong link to apply for the visa. Could you please suggest if I have done anything wrong or if I might have answered some questions incorrectly while applying? I appreciate any comments on this.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled Worker Dependent Visa - Paid only £247 and no IHS Fee

Post by Greenie » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:57 am

£247 is the cost to apply under the Health and Care route, along with an exemption from the IHS so it does sound like somehow you've made the wrong application

If you log into the application, what does it say regarding application type?

shijinpeter1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by shijinpeter1989 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:04 am

It says "TYPE OF VISA/APPLICATION: Dependant Partner"

I think I have answered the questions under the "Eligibility" section incorrectly. My wife initially came as a student from India, then I came as her dependent, later I moved to a skilled worker visa (not a healthcare visa) and my wife stayed on her graduate route visa, so now I am trying to move her to my dependent visa. We both are not working in healthcare. In this situation, could you please suggest what the answers could be for the below questions:

Has your spouse or partner applied to work or study in the UK? Yes/No
Is your partner in the UK now? Yes
Was your spouse or partner in the UK when they applied? Yes/No
What visa have they applied for?:
Has your partner been informed they are eligible for a Health and Care visa? Yes/No

Anon123B
United Kingdom

Post by Anon123B » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:18 pm

Hi shijinpeter1989,

It seems that you have indeed applied for the health and care skilled worker visa based on the fee and lack of IHS fee and based on the questions asked under the eligibility section.

If you have submitted the application - it is suggested that you cancel the application - https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa (note - you may get a full refund of the application fee if they have not started working on your application).

In case you still need assistance with the below questions for any future dependant of a skilled worker application -

Has your spouse or partner applied to work or study in the UK? Yes/No (if your wife is applying as a dependant of a skilled worker then this would be 'yes')
Is your partner in the UK now? Yes
Was your spouse or partner in the UK when they applied? Yes/No (would be 'yes' if you applied for your skilled worker visa inside the UK)
What visa have they applied for?: (you would mention skilled worker visa)
Has your partner been informed they are eligible for a Health and Care visa? Yes/No (this would of course be 'no' if no such information/offer was made to you).

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:46 pm

Rather than withdrawing the application (which would mean loss of the application fee if you used the app as you have completed the biometric requirements by using the app so therefore you aren't entitled to a refund) It would be better to vary the application - by submitting the correct application and IHS fee - as this way you will (eventually) get a refund for the original application)

See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vary-your-i ... pplication

shijinpeter1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by shijinpeter1989 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:20 am

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I started a new application yesterday to vary my old one. But when I log in this morning, I can see there are a few new questions and a few of the questions that I answered yesterday are not there.

The new questions are as follows:
1. Do you have permission to stay as (my name) partner?
2. Have you and (my name) lived together in the UK continuously since you were last given permission to stay as a partner?

I am not sure what permission they are asking for. We have been married since 2018 and then she moved as a student in 2020 and then I came here as a dependent in 2021 and we have been living in the UK together since 2021.

But yesterday, I answered the below questions and it is now not there in the application:

1. Have you provided evidence of your marriage or civil partnership to (my name) in a previous successful application?
2. Were you and (my name) related or family members before you started your relationship?
3. How long have you been living with (my name)?
4. Has (My name) been married or in a civil partnership to someone else?

Could you please suggest if I am doing something wrong with the application or why the questions have been changed? Appreciate your help and suggestions.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:02 pm

From your original post, your wife is currently has immigration permission under the Graduate Route and not as your dependent? If so you should answer no to that question. I can see how it is confusing because you were here as her dependent partner, but as you are now the main migrant and she is the dependent you should answer question 1 'no'.

shijinpeter1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by shijinpeter1989 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:25 pm

I really appreciate your response on this. That's correct. She was on graduate route visa. But I made a mistake again and I have continued with the answer "Yes" for that question and paid the IHS and application fee and I am in the last step which is to submit the documents, but It says no documents required at this moment. I have the option to withdraw the application and I assume that the refund will be only issued within 28 days. I have spent almost £2k for the visa now because of these mistakes. If I continue with the application, will it get rejected? Could you please suggest if there is anything I can do?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:22 pm

Upload the evidence anyway along with a covering letter explaining why you answered the question incorrectly