ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweetness

Spouse Visa

Post by sweetness » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Last edited by sweetness on Sat May 14, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 pm

ILR?

FLR is the first step, irrespective of her future hubby's time in UK, which I guess is a WP?

But, as she is 17 and the the rules are in place, there's no chance of a marriage-based visa at the moment.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:29 pm

Last edited by sweetness on Sat May 14, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:45 pm

sweetness wrote:what does the FLR stand for?

And yes he was in the UK as a WP visa for 5 years, which is due to expire at the end of december, which is coming very close.

What can she do in order for him to live in the UK? I know he can apply for the Leave to Remain, which he has but has been declined. And therefore she wants to try the Spouse visa, but the age limit has changed and therefore this is a big issue!

Is there any other way for residence in the UK?
Why was it declined?

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:49 pm

Last edited by sweetness on Sat May 14, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:09 am

sweetness wrote:It was declined because of other workers tax hadnt been paid. Which is an unreasonable answer for declining the application!

And I just had a look at the FLR Form and guidance. And you advised me to, but the FLR is only used for other reasons, such as medical and dependants, which doesnt really suit his state, because the applicant is over 18 and the British Citizen is unde 18.
What do you mean 'other workers tax'?

I dont recall advising FLR, just saying that comes before ILR so please don't take my words out of context.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:58 am

sweetness wrote:what does the FLR stand for?

And yes he was in the UK as a WP visa for 5 years, which is due to expire at the end of december, which is coming very close.

What can she do in order for him to live in the UK? I know he can apply for the Leave to Remain, which he has but has been declined. And therefore she wants to try the Spouse visa, but the age limit has changed and therefore this is a big issue!

Is there any other way for residence in the UK?
Thats amazing. He is 18 and he has had a work permit since 13 years of age.
That must be one talented man.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:21 pm

sweetness wrote:It was declined because of other workers tax hadnt been paid. Which is an unreasonable answer for declining the application!

And I just had a look at the FLR Form and guidance. And you advised me to, but the FLR is only used for other reasons, such as medical and dependants, which doesnt really suit his state, because the applicant is over 18 and the British Citizen is unde 18.
Firstly, at 17 years old, even without the new law (the age "21" law), she wouldn't be able to sponsor him anyway, because she is too young. Prior to 27th Nov, sponsors had to be at least 18. So either way, she is far too young.

Now, with sponsorships come financial and other tests. Would she even be able to qualify? Is she working, or have substantial savings? Do they have accommodation available?

Maybe he should re-apply for ILR. I don't understand your explanation as to why it was refused - who didn't pay any taxes?

Also, how big is the age gap?

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Last edited by sweetness on Sat May 14, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Last edited by sweetness on Sat May 14, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Last edited by sweetness on Sat May 14, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:27 am

sweetness wrote:Yes she will be able to qualify in terms of financial and other tests, or whatever needs to be done, she will do. all they need to know is whether there is a way to do so? she isn't working, but her husband is working fulltime and earns enough money for the living. she also has substantial savings and accomodation already. i'm not sure how big the age gap is but does it matter? and if she is far too young to help him sponsor then i dont think that the HO would have stated before that children under 18 years of age will need consent to sponsor. and this is before november 27th.

also if the HO thought that this marriage wasnt a gud idea, then why didnt they refuse in the first place when they applied for marriage permission?
Well, if he is, for example, 30 years old, then it would matter.

I do not know of any cases of someone under 18 obtaining a spouse visa. Maybe someone can point me to the policy of giving visas to under 17s who have parental approval, because to me, the (old) law stated that for visa applications, both parties had to be 18 or over.

Marriage for under 17s can be arranged with parental approval.

See Vinny's post for info on financial requirements.

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:24 pm

ok thank you, i'll tell her to look into it