ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Citizenship Query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ciitronian
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Spouse Citizenship Query

Post by ciitronian » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:49 pm

Hi All,

I have been married for a decade, counting from August 10, 2013, I got my Irish citizenship this year in June 2023, and I am interested in knowing if my wife meets the requirements for citizenship application "Adult application based on married Irish Citizen" category. does my wife qualify under this category? or alternatively, should she consider applying for citizenship by naturalization based on her 5-years residency in the country? It's worth noting that she satisfies the eligibility criteria for both options. My main objective is to expedite the application process, considering that my own application took approximately 3 years. This decision is pivotal as I intend to submit citizenship applications for my wife and our children simultaneously. Your guidance on the most efficient approach is appreciated.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Spouse Citizenship Query

Post by meself2 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:52 pm

ciitronian wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:49 pm
if my wife meets the requirements for citizenship application "Adult application based on married Irish Citizen" category. does my wife qualify under this category?
Yes, see ireland/application-for-those-married-t ... 35602.html for ISD's response.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

nisi
Ireland

Post by nisi » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:55 am

I don't think applications of spouses are processed any quicker than other applications. Certainly not based upon my experience (23 months after application and still waiting). The only real advantages I can see are that you only have to submit 3 year's of residency evidence, not 5, and that you can apply if resident in Northern Ireland.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:10 pm

In general, applications based on EEA/ IE spouses are processed more quickly. I have seen numerous people in various online forums who received the results before the rest of the group. Apply via the spouse route as opposed to the five-year residency route.

ackk
Ireland

Post by ackk » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:59 pm

ciitronian wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:49 pm
Hi All,

I have been married for a decade, counting from August 10, 2013, I got my Irish citizenship this year in June 2023, and I am interested in knowing if my wife meets the requirements for citizenship application "Adult application based on married Irish Citizen" category. does my wife qualify under this category? or alternatively, should she consider applying for citizenship by naturalization based on her 5-years residency in the country? It's worth noting that she satisfies the eligibility criteria for both options. My main objective is to expedite the application process, considering that my own application took approximately 3 years. This decision is pivotal as I intend to submit citizenship applications for my wife and our children simultaneously. Your guidance on the most efficient approach is appreciated.

I would suggest spouse route for your wife is more quicker.

ciitronian
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ciitronian » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:39 pm

Thanks for all comments :)