ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Employment question

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:52 am

Dear All,

Hope you all are doing well today.

I have a question on behalf of a friend - she is about to apply for naturalisation and the form is asking to enter her current employer's details.

Now, she might change her job in near future. In case if she will change her job whilst her application is submitted and is under consideration, does she need to contact HO to inform she changed her job?

Also, is tax code reference number the same for all employments or changes when changing the jobs?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Employment question

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:57 am

No issue or need to update UKVI - only your current employment/employers tax office reference at date of application is required.
As applicant also supplies NI number they can find records easily anyway. Note employment is not a requirement for the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Employment question

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:57 am

Thanks for your quick and clear answer!
Enjoy the rest of your day!