ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa for Stamp 1 Holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Spouse Visa for Stamp 1 Holder

Post by euspouse07 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:20 pm

I am a non-EU citizen who has been residing in Ireland under Stamp 1 since March 2021, following the curtailment of my previous Stamp 4 EU Fam due to a relationship breakdown with an EU citizen.While I understand the importance of family life being protected by Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, I've come across a phrase in my permission letter stating that the granting of temporary permission doesn't confer entitlement for others to enter or remain in the country. This seems contradictory to the spirit of Article 8.

I'm planning to marry my fiancée, a Visa-required national, and build a family life here, but this contradiction has raised concerns. I'd like to hear from anyone who has navigated a similar situation or has insights into how these rights are balanced in the Irish context. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Spouse Visa for Stamp 1 Holder

Post by meself2 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:43 pm

euspouse07 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:20 pm
I've come across a phrase in my permission letter stating that the granting of temporary permission doesn't confer entitlement for others to enter or remain in the country.
This is a statement in the sense of "this permission letter does not, on its own, allow others to get permission", I would say -> your family members cannot show up to ISD with this letter and ask for a residence permit. You would have to apply for their permission separately (if you can; see below).

I assume you're on a Stamp 1 that allows you to work without an employment permit (correct me if I'm wrong); that, unfortunately, seems to disqualify you from straightforward opportunities to bring your spouse here, since you're not a work permtiholder at all (see https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... -national/ for a breakdown); I might be wrong, so you can double check with ISD. You can possibly consider going work permit route?
euspouse07 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:20 pm
This seems contradictory to the spirit of Article 8.
You can read the policy on nonEEA family reunification in this regard (https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... cation.pdf) which, albeit outdated, is heavily referenced on ISD website. It mentions Article 8 throughout the policy.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Spouse Visa for Stamp 1 Holder

Post by euspouse07 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:21 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful response. Just to clarify, I hold a Stamp 1 that grants me permission to work without needing a separate work permit. However, I'm facing a situation where my permission letter states that it doesn't automatically allow my family members to obtain residence permits. This has raised concerns, especially in light of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which emphasizes the right to family life.

I've taken note of your suggestion to review the policy on non-EEA family reunification, and I'll definitely look into it. Additionally, if anyone is aware of a recent judgment that favored Stamp 1 holders in a similar situation, please share your insights. Considering my Stamp 1 status, I'm curious about the available options to bring my spouse here. If anyone has navigated a similar situation or is aware of alternative routes that align better with the spirit of Article 8, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Thank you for your help and understanding.