ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply to GTV - Route 1 as a Lecturer

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DrUni
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Apply to GTV - Route 1 as a Lecturer

Post by DrUni » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:51 pm

Hello,

Can anyone please share their experience for applying to GTV using a lecturer position/offer? especially in regards to criteria of leadership. Any comments are very much appreciated.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Apply to GTV - Route 1 as a Lecturer

Post by meself2 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:56 pm

The only topic that comes to mind is post2124851.html#p2124851 , but take a lok at other topics in GTV forum.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

DrUni
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DrUni » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:11 pm

Hi meself2,

Yes, this is not helpful. I need someone to explain to me their own experience. A successful one preferably.

hope071
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by hope071 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:04 pm

Hello,
I recently applied and was successful for GTV under route 1 as a lecturer (I was previously under skilled worker visa for 2 years in another uni). My University's letter explicitly stated that I 'will direct or lead an individual or team research project or programme of work. As part of this post, Dr XXX is expected to dedicate 40% of work to research activities' and they went on to itemise 6 ways/areas that this would be done!
I think a lot depends on the University's HR and how they draft the letter. As long as they clearly spell out how you meet the criteria, it should be a straightforward process
Below is my timeline if it is of any help to you:
Applied for Stage 1 Endorsement- June 6 2023
Notification of outcome (successful): June 22, 2023
Stage 2 application & biometric enrolment- June 23, 2023
Notification of outcome (successful): July 29, 2023
Biometric delivered: August 2, 2023

DrUni
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DrUni » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:17 pm

Hello hope071,

And thank you very much for your quick response. Which Endorsing body did you get your endorsement from?

- Also could you please list the things/items that HR specified in your letter in terms of research leadership please?

Many thanks in advance.

DrUni
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DrUni » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:59 pm

hope071 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:04 pm
Hello,
I recently applied and was successful for GTV under route 1 as a lecturer (I was previously under skilled worker visa for 2 years in another uni). My University's letter explicitly stated that I 'will direct or lead an individual or team research project or programme of work. As part of this post, Dr XXX is expected to dedicate 40% of work to research activities' and they went on to itemise 6 ways/areas that this would be done!
I think a lot depends on the University's HR and how they draft the letter. As long as they clearly spell out how you meet the criteria, it should be a straightforward process
Hi hope071.

Could you please list the items that HR included in your statement of guarantee? Also which Endorsing body did you use?

- Did you submit standard application or Priority service?
And finally did you get Exceptional promise visa?

hope071
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by hope071 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:12 pm

Hello Dr Uni,
The endorsing body was BA, and applied as an exceptional promise. It was submitted as a standard application, and I know people that even got stage 2 decisions faster than myself.
In terms of specifics, the HR listed the following:
Dr XXX is expected to dedicate 40% of work to research activities as follows:
* Develop research objectives, projects and proposals.
▪ Conduct individual or collaborative research projects.
▪ Identify sources of funding and contribute to the process of securing funds.
▪ Extend, transform and apply knowledge acquired from scholarship to teaching, research and appropriate external activities.
▪ Write or contribute to publications or disseminate research findings using other appropriate media.
▪ Make presentations at conferences or exhibit work in other appropriate events.

The other details were also copied verbatim from the endorsing body's website- i.e. that the job was advertised, that an expert was part of the interview panel etc.

Hope this helps?

DrUni
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DrUni » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:21 pm

hope071 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:12 pm
Hello Dr Uni,
The endorsing body was BA, and applied as an exceptional promise. It was submitted as a standard application, and I know people that even got stage 2 decisions faster than myself.
In terms of specifics, the HR listed the following:
Dr XXX is expected to dedicate 40% of work to research activities as follows:
* Develop research objectives, projects and proposals.
▪ Conduct individual or collaborative research projects.
▪ Identify sources of funding and contribute to the process of securing funds.
▪ Extend, transform and apply knowledge acquired from scholarship to teaching, research and appropriate external activities.
▪ Write or contribute to publications or disseminate research findings using other appropriate media.
▪ Make presentations at conferences or exhibit work in other appropriate events.

The other details were also copied verbatim from the endorsing body's website- i.e. that the job was advertised, that an expert was part of the interview panel etc.

Hope this helps?
Hi hope071,

Thank you very much. That was very helpful! I just to confirm with you that It was a lecturer position you applied through and not senior lecturer, correct? And also want to ask, did your job description mention anything related to leadership? or was that only specified in the statement of guarantee?

Regards

hope071
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by hope071 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:49 pm

Hi DrUni,
Yes, I applied as a lecturer- not a Senior Lecturer, and the only reference to leadership was that 'Dr XXX will direct or lead an individual or team research project or programme of work'. They then went on to list the earlier shared items as part of the role.

DrUni
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DrUni » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:06 pm

hope071 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:49 pm
Hi DrUni,
Yes, I applied as a lecturer- not a Senior Lecturer, and the only reference to leadership was that 'Dr XXX will direct or lead an individual or team research project or programme of work'. They then went on to list the earlier shared items as part of the role.
Hi hope071,

Thank you very much once again for your thorough explanation. that was super helpful.

hope071
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by hope071 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:29 pm

Hi DrUni,
You're welcome. Hope all goes well with your application.

BravoCharlie2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BravoCharlie2 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:23 am

hope071 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:04 pm
Hello,
Hello hope071,

Thank you for providing these details. They are very helpful.

Just a quick question about biometrics registration. I can see that you submitted your Stage 2 application and biometrics on the same day. Did you submit your biometrics via phone or did you attend their application centre?

hope071
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by hope071 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:49 pm

Hello Dr Uni,
I attended an application centre. I was fortunate to find a date (4p.m. paid slot).