ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship and DRO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jackstar
Newly Registered
Angola

Citizenship and DRO

Post by Jackstar » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:32 pm

Hi I posted here a while back about making a citizenship application and if a DRO would affect this. My 12 month moratorium period ended in 2022 and I made a citizenship application in 2023 April. I have been asked for evidence that debts have been cleared and I am in the process of sending a copy of the moratorium letter which shows debts are now wiped off.

I had to enter a DRO due to serious illness and was guided by a debt charity (step change). Additionally I was assessed and given enhanced PIP as I was considered unfit for work. I have sent all this information to UKVI.

I was wondering if the good character requirement would be lenient here or would I be likely refused due to DRO? I'm just worried they may think I racked up the debts recklessly, however I was paying them back every month when working, it was just that when I became ill I was unable to continue with my repayments.

Any advice/ information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship and DRO

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:19 pm

When you say evidence of the debts being cleared, what exactly did the Home Office ask?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jackstar
Newly Registered
Angola

Re: Citizenship and DRO

Post by Jackstar » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:00 pm

Hi

This is what they asked:

Please can you provide evidence to in-relation to your Debt Relief Order 22 February 2021, stating any repayments and closure of debt. As per application form declaration

Thanks