ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 Visa - 6 Months Doubt

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

UK Tier 1 Visa - 6 Months Doubt

Post by hemanthjava » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:42 am

Hi,

I have received my UK Tier 1 Visa

I need some clarity on the validity of this visa.

I keep hearing that, I should pay a visit to the UK within 6 months from the date of issuance of my visa?

In my case, it is in October 2008 that I have received the visa. Does that call for a UK visit before March 2009?

Please advise, so that I can plan my itinerary accordingly.

Do revert if you need more details.

Regards,
Hemanth

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:52 pm

u can enter and leave any time till the expirey of the visa, no restrictions of entering early.

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:47 am

One question on similar lines..

If we travel to a UK on a date much later than the receipt of the Tier 1Visa and as of that date one stands ineligible for entry, then is it of any relevance ?? Example.. one is 27 years of age while he gets the Visa but he travels when he is 28 (which reduces 5 or 10 points and reduces his overall points scored), then can the immigrations officer restrict on such grounds ???? Please advise.

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:46 pm

QEF8DD wrote:One question on similar lines..

If we travel to a UK on a date much later than the receipt of the Tier 1Visa and as of that date one stands ineligible for entry, then is it of any relevance ?? Example.. one is 27 years of age while he gets the Visa but he travels when he is 28 (which reduces 5 or 10 points and reduces his overall points scored), then can the immigrations officer restrict on such grounds ???? Please advise.
They will consider your age only while approving your visa.
once you got your visa you can enter UK at any time till the validity of your visa.

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:09 pm

cool.. thanks !!

Ram_1978
Newly Registered

First entry in less than 6 months

Post by Ram_1978 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:59 am

Hi,

I too have the same doubt....
I got the visa in the month of December, and currently differed my plans for atleast 6 or more due to recession.

It is no where specified officialy to make an entry within 6 months.

What I heard was that it is not mandatory to make an entry ASAP but it is always better to make an entry within 6 months to aviod later problem during the enty.

Please correct me if I'm wrong kindly let me know whether it is OK to make my first entry after 6 months.

Cheers :) ,
Ram

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:48 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jack_p

Post by jack_p » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:29 am

As long as we are meeting the critiera for the Extension after 3 years when the Visa expires, it doesn't matter really when we travel in or out. It means that at least for the 3rd full year, we will have to stay and work in the UK. But please note for being eligible for PR, 5 years of stay in mandatory.