ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified Translator

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samree
Newly Registered

Certified Translator

Post by samree » Mon May 30, 2005 8:39 pm

Dear Successful (Over 28) Married Pakistani Members!

I am facing problem to find the Certified Translator for translation of my Marriage Certificate fromURDU to English. I already have a notarized English translation but i am confused that whether is it HSMP Certified or not?

Help me.

- Samree

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Tue May 31, 2005 2:43 pm

Samree,

Some countries have sworn translators registered by the goverment. If your country has it, you should use his services. After getting everything translated, you should take the originals and the translations to be notarized. Then ask at the british embassy in your country with they certify documents. If they dont, you can ask to the "Foreign Affairs" office at your country to certify them.

That's what I did... I got mine translated by a goverment registered sworn translator, then notarized, then certified by the foreign affairs office in my country.

As far as I know, the HO does not hold a list of certified translators.

Has anybody done it differently?

Hope it helps!

Cheers
L.

samree
Newly Registered

Post by samree » Tue May 31, 2005 5:35 pm

Thanks lbfrancois;

I hope certify my documents from foreign office should work.

Once again thanks

- samree