ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Extension - Main Applicant on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vthuppil
Newly Registered
Wales

PBS Dependent Extension - Main Applicant on ILR

Post by vthuppil » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:21 pm

Hello all,

I am applying for extension as PBS dependent where the main applicant has qualified for and received ILR. I have a few months left still to finish my 5 year qualifying period.

I have got the answers to most of my questions on the form by looking at other similar posts on these boards, but I would appreciate if someone could help me with the following two questions.

1. Under eligibility, "Was your spouse or partner in the UK when they applied?"

They were not in the UK when they applied for the former Tier 2 visa, but they were in the UK when they applied for their most recent ILR application. So would the answer for this be "Yes"?

2. What time period does your partner's Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) cover?

My partner's CoS on the original Tier 2 visa covered 5 years. Should I say "more than 3 years" on this question? Or should I "say up to 3 years" because I am only seeking (and will only be granted) a 3 year extension on my PBS Dependant visa now that the main applicant has ILR?

Thank you!

ManiKSS
Newly Registered
India

Re: PBS Dependent Extension - Main Applicant on ILR

Post by ManiKSS » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:06 pm

Hi,
I have the same scenario. Did you find answer for your queries? Thanks.