ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

partner route or Private life route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wacas101
Newly Registered

partner route or Private life route

Post by wacas101 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:50 pm

Dear Board Members

History:
1st visa was granted on the basis of a 7-year child under the 10-year parent route, although me and my wife were in a relationship living together and we applied under the private life route.

2nd Visa was granted under the 10 partner route for some reason although we applied under the private life route on the same basis of our child who then was a British Citizen.

We now want to extend our visa on the same basis that our child is a British national Which route shall we choose private life route or partner route, We do not meet the partner route requirements as we are not British/Eu nationals it's all a bit confusing.

wacas101
Newly Registered

Re: partner route or Private life route

Post by wacas101 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:53 am

Dear Board members,

Can anyone please advise who has similar circumstances where the child has spent more than 7 years and which route to select in FLR(FP) when applying for an extension, I would be very grateful.

wacas101
Newly Registered

Post by wacas101 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:12 am

I have checked all the routes under FLR(FP) and only under the partner route there is a provision that perhaps allows both parents who are in a subsiding relationship to apply with their child who has spent 7 continuous years, Our first leave was granted under parent route and recent leave was under partner route

from Home Office Website under partner route:

If you do not meet these requirements you may still be able to apply for a visa or extend your permission to stay if:

you have a child in the UK who is a British or Irish citizen or has lived in the UK for 7 years and it would be unreasonable for them to leave the UK
there would be very significant difficulties for you and your partner that could not be overcome if you lived together as a couple outside the UK
it would breach your human rights to stop you coming to the UK or make you leave

Can anyone please guide me, Many Thanks

wacas101
Newly Registered

Post by wacas101 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:58 pm

Can anyone help? Please?

wacas101
Newly Registered

Post by wacas101 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:40 am

Parent route / Partner Route or Private life route Please help!!!!! I need to submit my renewal application !!!!

both parents are foreign nationals with British child

wacas101
Newly Registered

Post by wacas101 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:29 pm

Dear Moderators

Could you kindly help me with the above, many thanks in advance!

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:40 am

wacas101 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:29 pm
Dear Moderators

Why not do the exact thing you did before? It's not a clear cut answer, that's why you're not getting responses. No one wants to lead you astray either.
2nd Visa was granted under the 10 partner route for some reason although we applied under the private life route on the same basis of our child who then was a British Citizen.
I'd say that's your safest option. All visas would count towards your 10 year route to ILR.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

wacas101
Newly Registered

Post by wacas101 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:49 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:40 am
wacas101 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:29 pm
Dear Moderators

Why not do the exact thing you did before? It's not a clear cut answer, that's why you're not getting responses. No one wants to lead you astray either.
I'd say that's your safest option. All visas would count towards your 10 year route to ILR.

Many Thanks, Ticktack for your reply!

I have realised that where both parents are foreign nationals and the 7year child rule comes into play, they grant leave outside the rules anyway using Paragraph GEN.3.2 of Appendix FM and D-LTRP 1.2, but then why do they opt to put us under some sort of parent/partner route like in my case two different route on two different occasions, creating confusion which routes to apply under. Many thanks for your help Ticktack