ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed regarding psw

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahphilips
Newly Registered

help needed regarding psw

Post by rahphilips » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:12 pm

i have aplied for visa extension at end of oct 08 after finishing in cambridge college of learning and eagerly waiting for visa now the college is out dfes two days back so what are the possibilities can happen and what can i do for that. normally how many days will they take to process a psw. is there any chance i will be refused/ declined to get psw, if so what can i do.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:12 pm

Was it a degree or above you studied for?
Who was the degree awarding body?
Is that body a UK body? If not you will not get PSW in any case.
Do you who why the college is off the register?

rahphilips
Newly Registered

Post by rahphilips » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Was it a degree or above you studied for?
Who was the degree awarding body?
Is that body a UK body? If not you will not get PSW in any case.
Do you who why the college is off the register?
yes it is awarded by uk body, the course was PG in Business Administration.

three days before police went to raid that college after that only it went of the register

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:48 am

Turn around time for PSW is variable, two weeks for some, two months for others.

I think you might have a problem with your award. If the college was closed down that suggests the awards might be considered suspect. If the award was given by an outside body other than the college you should be ok. If the award was given by the college in its own right I am inclined to think it may not be accepted.

If you get a refusal the only route is to appeal, not sure how sucessful that will be given the status of the college.

sunshine11
BANNED

Post by sunshine11 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:44 am

rahphilips i applied from same college. i am in same satuation..i applied end of Oct..when you applied???

did you take advice from any one???

please give me your contact number or let me know update??

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:43 pm

Ours took nine weeks (received on saturday) but then again it was a proper well respected University
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

wickhamme
Newly Registered

psw from cambridge college of learning..

Post by wickhamme » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:21 pm

hi all..i was awarded a postgraduate diploma in business management frm cambridge college of learning and i applied for a psw visa on 1st of oct08 and visa fees got deducted frm my bank a/c as on 9th of oct08 but still now i havent had anything coming in from home office, can anyone pls suggest me whats goin on or what shud i do, is there anything wrong with the college or why is it taking so long?

rahphilips
Newly Registered

any updates about the college

Post by rahphilips » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:19 pm

hi friends any body has any updates about the situation if any body got their visa reply here that they got their visa atleast others will feel easy that they will also get their visa .

danibaba
Newly Registered

PSW Waiting time

Post by danibaba » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi, i have applied for PSW in 26th Sep,08 from Cambridge College of Learning PGD.I got the initial reply from HO and payment was deducted but i havent heard of anything after that and its been almost 15 weeks, i have called twice but got the same answer that my file is awaiting for consideration. I also have apaplied for my wife and little son as dependents with my application.
Please help anyone with legal aspects..
Now visa is already runout in Oct31st ,anyone help me i m confused.
what is my legal status here now and m i allowed to find work to feed my family.what will happen if i get the refusal.

fantastichaider
Newly Registered

cambridge college

Post by fantastichaider » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:11 pm

hi i am trying to get in touch with cambridge college students and i want to get all class fellows togather if u have studied at cambridge college at any point please get in touch with me

togather we can mak our voice heard

Syed ali haider
fantastichaider@yahoo.com
hands in hands difficult times

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 pm

I am getting a fair number of PM's from people on what to do about their outstanding PSW applications based on qualifications received from Cambridge College of Learning.

Until such time you receive an immigration decision then you are all in no man's land. Can't go forward but can't go back. Not a good place to be BUT there is some things your in between status allows you to do. You can carry on working full time as your current status is that of a student even if your student visa has expired. This is only if you applied for PSW while your student visa was still valid.

Why can you work full time? The law allows you to continue on your visa even if it expires during the ongoing period while the new application is decided. As you are out of term time you can work full time.

The problem will be the fact that employers will not be inclined to carry on with your employment without a valid visa.

mubi
Newly Registered

Re: cambridge college

Post by mubi » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:49 am

fantastichaider wrote:hi i am trying to get in touch with cambridge college students and i want to get all class fellows togather if u have studied at cambridge college at any point please get in touch with me

togather we can mak our voice heard

Syed ali haider
fantastichaider@yahoo.com
hands in hands difficult times
i got the same story as i have finished my post graduation diploma in august 08 i have already applied my psw on 26 oct and received confirmation on 7 nov still no reply

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:23 am

You guys just need to hope that the HO can somehow work with school authorities to identify the GENUINE students and grant you your visa. I wish you all the best guys. Good luck.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:46 am

My guess is CCL "graduates" are all going to be refused on mass.

For the resulting appeals to be successful it will require the "student" to prove their attendance other than with CCL paperwork, provide their examination results, evidence of taking the exams and have a letter of verification from the awarding body. I think you will find the awarding body is going to withdraw their support as there is a fair chance the awarding body is at as much fault as CCL. So in other words no chance of success at appeal.

CCL "students" are not going to be granted anything in the way of a visa for any reason as simply put the whole college was bogus and nothing more than a scam.
The last college to go down the pan in the same way was Lloyds and all 600(?) students had their leave curtailed on mass. There was a mass appeal which they lost and now there are still a fair few students in the country illegally.

Bye bye CCL and all those that did not sail in her. I hope the worthless bits of paper the "students" were awarded are worth the £1000's paid for them.

For those on the forum going on about not getting a visa, I think it is a safe bet you will get refused and will have to put up a huge fight to get your visa and that is if you can prove you were a genuine student. If the awarding body steps out of the frame then no matter what your award is worthless and it is time to go home. The greed and lack of application of a few will impact on those that did the work and gained a real qualification.

I certainly would not be joining hands with the "students" who obviously never attended as this puts you in with the scam. If you were a genuine student stick to those you know were there with you. The numbers in this scam are huge, there are hundreds and hundreds of fake qualifications given out, it is not known if there were any real ones so the odds are against anyone who claim to be a genuine student.

At least when they kick out the fake students this time they will get a 10 year ban.

danish1981
BANNED

Post by danish1981 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:43 am

Frontier Mole wrote:My guess is CCL "graduates" are all going to be refused on mass.

For the resulting appeals to be successful it will require the "student" to prove their attendance other than with CCL paperwork, provide their examination results, evidence of taking the exams and have a letter of verification from the awarding body. I think you will find the awarding body is going to withdraw their support as there is a fair chance the awarding body is at as much fault as CCL. So in other words no chance of success at appeal.

CCL "students" are not going to be granted anything in the way of a visa for any reason as simply put the whole college was bogus and nothing more than a scam.
The last college to go down the pan in the same way was Lloyds and all 600(?) students had their leave curtailed on mass. There was a mass appeal which they lost and now there are still a fair few students in the country illegally.

Bye bye CCL and all those that did not sail in her. I hope the worthless bits of paper the "students" were awarded are worth the £1000's paid for them.

For those on the forum going on about not getting a visa, I think it is a safe bet you will get refused and will have to put up a huge fight to get your visa and that is if you can prove you were a genuine student. If the awarding body steps out of the frame then no matter what your award is worthless and it is time to go home. The greed and lack of application of a few will impact on those that did the work and gained a real qualification.

I certainly would not be joining hands with the "students" who obviously never attended as this puts you in with the scam. If you were a genuine student stick to those you know were there with you. The numbers in this scam are huge, there are hundreds and hundreds of fake qualifications given out, it is not known if there were any real ones so the odds are against anyone who claim to be a genuine student.

At least when they kick out the fake students this time they will get a 10 year ban.

i think this time its gonna be worst for both genujine and fake becuase this college has been caught in a big scam ad its all benn in bbc as well.well we cant change what all happend butatleast we can hope for the best.i have been reading at other forums thar one of the guy who applied from LCMIT got refused and 10 year ban from uk.so i think the best thing is to switch over to someother category or wateva suits you .i think its time to packup for me and look ahead in your life as UK is not the end of the world so guys dont be disappointed you got whole world n front of you.rather then getting stressed better to think for alternatives.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:50 am

Out of interest who was the awarding body for CCL PGD's?

danish1981
BANNED

Post by danish1981 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:55 pm

CCL is awarding body itself for all the level-7 post graduate diplomas

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Well that is the problem solved. If the college was the awarding body then there is not a hope for anyone using the award certificate for any extention of stay in the UK.

Genuine student or not the award certificate is not worth the paper it is printed on. How can anyone provide evidence that can be relied on from CCL to back up their genuine student claim when they are the fraudsters?

Without evidence from an alternative reliable source it will not matter if you were genuine or not. It has to be assumed that all certificates are false until the applicant can prove otherwise. Even if they can prove they attended, took exams and handed in course work the certificate is totally discredited.

Even on appeal there is no way the courts would entertain the certificate as having any meaning based on these circumstances.

I wonder how many hundreds of students this scam covers.

Kappa1
Newly Registered

Post by Kappa1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:40 am

danish1981 wrote:
i think its time to packup for me and look ahead in your life as UK is not the end of the world so guys dont be disappointed you got whole world n front of you.rather then getting stressed better to think for alternatives.
Packup? Are you leaving the country after your visa/PSW got rejected? I don't think it's end of the world for someone who spent couple of years here in the UK but I know many people who have spent more than 7 years in this country and their PR was just few years away, NO IT IS END OF THE WORLD..... Sad state of affairs

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:17 am

Kappa1 wrote:
danish1981 wrote:
i think its time to packup for me and look ahead in your life as UK is not the end of the world so guys dont be disappointed you got whole world n front of you.rather then getting stressed better to think for alternatives.
Packup? Are you leaving the country after your visa/PSW got rejected? I don't think it's end of the world for someone who spent couple of years here in the UK but I know many people who have spent more than 7 years in this country and their PR was just few years away, NO IT IS END OF THE WORLD..... Sad state of affairs
You mean the perennial students! I think that door is gonna be closed too soon....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....