ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 time limit for enrolling biometrics?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ElizabethApricot

MN1 Parent's Immigration Status Question

Post by ElizabethApricot » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:00 am

Hello,

We're applying to register our daughter (born 2019) using the online MN1 form, based on my husband's settled status (indefinite leave to remain under the EU Settlement Agreement, granted to him in 2020).

I want to make sure I understand the wording of this question:

"Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?"

Am I correct that they are asking if your parent only has permanent residence based on Treaty Rights (the old system, basically), but hasn't been granted ILR under the EU Settlement Agreement?

Or is there something more to this question?

I think he would have technically had permanent residence in spring 2020 because UK was still part of the EU at that point, but he chose to only apply for settled status and not a permanent residence card.

I'm assuming that for the MN1 application, as evidence of my husband's settled status, we can just provide the letter showing he had been granted settled status, and don't also have to provide all the evidence that would have been required to be granted a permanent residence card?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify. I tend to overthink things and confuse myself.

ElizabethApricot

MN1 time limit for enrolling biometrics?

Post by ElizabethApricot » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:41 pm

We are nearly finished with our daughter's MN1 application but before we submit I was wondering if there's a time limit for enrolling biometrics. Because of where we live, this is a day trip for us, and our daughter is about to start reception, plus I work full time, term time and am not supposed to have time off work except for emergencies. I'm unsure if we will be allowed to delay biometric enrollment until October half term. Do the referee declarations expire?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 time limit for enrolling biometrics?

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:53 pm

You have 45 days to enroll Biometrics. The centres are open on weekends. Just check based on your location and where you go. You can attend at any centre.

Referee declarations should not be months old. A few weeks is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:53 pm
The photo on the referee declaration form has to be no more than one month old. As per the official guidance (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... essible--2) for all nationality applications,
Photographs

Applications must include a recent passport photograph, which must meet the published standards for passport photographs.
referring to which here (https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports) states that:
Your photo must have been taken in the last month.

Since, the referees must have seen the photo affixed onto the provided space in the declaration form before they complete the form and sign it, it can hence be deduced that the referee declaration should also be dated within one month of the online application submission date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:38 pm

@anonvtic Your second point is relevant to passport applications and photos, not MN1 referee forms where rhe most can be a bit older than a month.

Many have submitted referee forms signed 2 or 3 months before applying or biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ElizabethApricot

Post by ElizabethApricot » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
You have 45 days to enroll Biometrics. The centres are open on weekends. Just check based on your location and where you go. You can attend at any centre.

Thanks for the information! We live in Cornwall so the centre in Exeter is the only one we can do without doing an overnight. I went there to do my own biometrics last winter and I don't recall seeing weekend appointments but I had booked it to coincide with my daughter's hospital appointment in Exeter so it's very possible I wasn't paying attention to it at all.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:24 am

ElizabethApricot wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:48 pm
CR001 wrote:

Thanks for the information! We live in Cornwall so the centre in Exeter is the only one we can do without doing an overnight. I went there to do my own biometrics last winter and I don't recall seeing weekend appointments but I had booked it to coincide with my daughter's hospital appointment in Exeter so it's very possible I wasn't paying attention to it at all.
You can contact the centre to check availability.

ElizabethApricot

Post by ElizabethApricot » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:37 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:24 am
ElizabethApricot wrote:
CR001 wrote:

I found the opening hours on the UKVCAS website. Exeter doesn't offer Saturday appointments but Reading does. Reading is 4.5 hours away though so that would be hard. Do you think if I call the centres I can find out if they have any appointments on Tuesday or Wednesday next week, or will they not divulge that information? I don't go back to work until Thursday.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:29 am

ElizabethApricot wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:37 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
ElizabethApricot wrote:
CR001 wrote:

I found the opening hours on the UKVCAS website. Exeter doesn't offer Saturday appointments but Reading does. Reading is 4.5 hours away though so that would be hard. Do you think if I call the centres I can find out if they have any appointments on Tuesday or Wednesday next week, or will they not divulge that information? I don't go back to work until Thursday.
I can not claim knowledge of how the centres operate, however if you don't try them you may not know.

ElizabethApricot

Post by ElizabethApricot » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:57 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:29 am
ElizabethApricot wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:37 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
ElizabethApricot wrote:
CR001 wrote:

I can not claim knowledge of how the centres operate, however if you don't try them you may not know.
Thankfully my boss is being understanding after I explained the situation and letting me take a day off for the biometrics, despite my term -time contract

ElizabethApricot

Post by ElizabethApricot » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:06 pm

Question about evidence of parent's (applicant's dad) settled status for the MN1 application.

He is Polish and thus doesn't have a BRC. His proof of settled status is online.

Would his status outcome letter from the Home Office be enough evidence, despite this letter explicitly saying "This letter is written notification of leave, which you may wish to keep for your personal records, but it is not proof of your status and cannot be used to prove your status to others."

Or would it be better to preemptively upload a scan of his Polish passport, despite this not being in the document checklist. His settled status is linked to his passport.

Would be grateful if others applying based on settled status under EU settlement scheme could share what was accepted as evidence.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:43 am

Provide Settled Status reference number as it’s a digital status. You can load the as well.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ElizabethApricot

Post by ElizabethApricot » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:09 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:43 am
Provide Settled Status reference number as it’s a digital status. You can load the as well.
OK thank you. The reference number is on his confirmation letter so that should be sufficient

ElizabethApricot

Post by ElizabethApricot » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:13 pm

The checklist for my daughter's MN1 application says to upload her passport.

Do they mean just the bio page? The instructions aren't explicit. She has a few stamps in the back (but no visas or permits for UK and she hasn't been asked about travel history in the application).

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:20 pm

I would guess the passport personal details page(s) are sufficient.
As there's no MN1 requirement for a travel history shouldn't be a problem.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.