ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MIL visit visa refused - documents ignored?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

java_noob
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MIL visit visa refused - documents ignored?

Post by java_noob » Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:44 pm

Hi all,
My mother in law's visit visa application was refused and the reasoning appears to be based solely on a lack of sponsorship evidence which they claim was not provided. But the issue is everything they reference was in fact submitted. My invitation letter (which they also seem to suggest was not provided) specifically stated she will be accommodated in our home and all expenses will be covered (on an income of of £100,000+/year and £45,000+ in cash savings). 6 months of bank statements, the corresponding payslips, employment contract and our property title were submitted as sponsorship evidence, and I stated these were being provided in the invitation letter too.

None of these documents are referenced or acknowledged. The are all clearly shown listed in the VFS Appointment Confirmation letter under Document Upload Details in the Sponsor Evidence category, which is automatically generated when items are uploaded, so it cannot be that I made a mistake and missed all this out.
Is there any approach I can take to challenge this as it appears to me that there is something obviously very wrong with this decision.
Refusal reasons below.
Thank you!

REASONS FOR REFUSAL
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: Visitor of the Immigration
Rules (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -v-visitor),
I have considered:
• your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
• your immigration history

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraphs V4.2 – V4.6 of Appendix V because:

You have applied for a standard 6 month for a 1 month visit to see your daughter, and son in
law. You state that your son in law intends to sponsor your trip at a cost of (£2,000.00 GBP).
In assessing any application I look carefully at an applicant’s employment, personal, and
financial circumstances. Family, and social ties, are similarly taken into consideration. The
emphasis is on the applicant to demonstrate that they will meet, and adhere to the UK’s
Immigration Rules. This is based on all information, and documentation applicants provide at
the time of application.

Your trip is to be sponsored by your UK based son in law, at a cost of (£2,000.00 GBP).
However, I note that you have not supplied any information or documentation in support of
this claim.

It is important that you can evidence that sponsorship funds will be readily available to you
for the duration of your visit. Additionally, you need to show that sponsorship fund are
sufficient to support you safely throughout your visit. You have not demonstrated this to my
satisfaction

It is also important that your sponsor provides an invitation letter in support of your visa
application. It is important that the letter details, access to funds, accommodation details,
and other relevant information. You have not provided adequate support details in this
instance.

Given the lack of clear sponsorship information I am satisfied that your application is
incomplete, and that your circumstances are not as stated. You have not proven that your
sponsor has the necessary means to support you, and cover all reasonable expenses.
This leads me to doubt your intentions in travelling to the UK at this time. I am not satisfied
that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted under the visitor rules
and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore refused
under paragraph V 4.2 (a) and (c) and V4.3 (c) of the Immigration Rules.

NEXT STEPS
In relation to this decision, there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

Vickzz
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MIL visit visa refused - documents ignored?

Post by Vickzz » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:15 am

Such a coincidence. They refused My mother in law visit visa exactly the same way when I have clearly provided my employment documents and bank statements clearly showing the funds available.
And the case worker mentioned I did not provide any bank statement to support her application. I am soo confused 😕 why can't they see it when it's mentioned on the documents upload list.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:56 am

You need to re-apply immediately. Point out the errors that was made in assessing and decision making. Re-submit all documents again. If you think you missed one or two docs, add them again.

These guys are humans and make errors too.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

java_noob
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by java_noob » Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:22 pm

Thank you Ticktack. I'd like to give an update on this in case it proves useful to anyone else. We considered a fresh application but as it would reset the clock and push any potential visit further into the colder months MIL was not keen.

However feeling somewhat hard done by I did submit a complaint through the UKVI complaints page, outlining what had happened, hoping to at least get an explanation as to what happened to the documents. Presumably prompted by this we received an email from UK Decision Making Centre yesterday saying they "are unable to conclude the application at this time" and to email them all supporting documents, which I immediately did.

To our surprise today we received another email saying the refusal has been overturned.

"The decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office will now proceed to the next stage of your application.
Please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre with a copy of this e-mail.
Once we have confirmation that the passports have been received, we will send out a new decision to be endorsed on your passport."

So it looks like a happy ending, and they are not unreasonable when there has been an obvious error somewhere in the process.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:33 pm

java_noob wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:22 pm
Thank you Ticktack. I'd like to give an update on this in case it proves useful to anyone else. We considered a fresh application but as it would reset the clock and push any potential visit further into the colder months MIL was not keen.

However feeling somewhat hard done by I did submit a complaint through the UKVI complaints page, outlining what had happened, hoping to at least get an explanation as to what happened to the documents. Presumably prompted by this we received an email from UK Decision Making Centre yesterday saying they "are unable to conclude the application at this time" and to email them all supporting documents, which I immediately did.

To our surprise today we received another email saying the refusal has been overturned.

"The decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office will now proceed to the next stage of your application.
Please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre with a copy of this e-mail.
Once we have confirmation that the passports have been received, we will send out a new decision to be endorsed on your passport."

So it looks like a happy ending, and they are not unreasonable when there has been an obvious error somewhere in the process.
Awesome news. Like I always say, "nothing ventured, nothing gained".
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

java_noob
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by java_noob » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:49 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:33 pm
Thank you!
MIL has her passport back now. Again things moved very quickly, once the passport was handed in to VFS it was available for collection with vignette attached the next day.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:32 pm

java_noob wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:49 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:33 pm
Thank you!
MIL has her passport back now. Again things moved very quickly, once the passport was handed in to VFS it was available for collection with vignette attached the next day.
Congratulations