ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother in law visit visa Refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vickzz
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Mother in law visit visa Refused

Post by Vickzz » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:39 am

Hi,
My mother in law visit application is refused and I feel the case worker has missed to looked at my bank statements as I was sponsoring her. He even mentioned it on refusal letter that I only provided payslips and no other documents to prove that funds are available to her. He also did not acknowledge or mentioned the rental income from her 2 rented properties as her source of income back home. Even though it clearly mentioned on the documents upload list we did upload all these important documents.
There is no right or appeal or judicial review but clearly its a silly mistake from their side to miss such a important document on the application and seems very unfair.
Any advice is there any way to challenge it? Or new application is only the way

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Mother in law visit visa Refused

Post by manci » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:47 am

She should address all the reasons for the refusal given in the HO letter and then re-apply. A cover letter with the application would be helpful. Also look at

caseworker guidance
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... /Visit.pdf

Citizens Advice
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... it-the-uk/

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Mother in law visit visa Refused

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:58 am

Vickzz wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:39 am
Hi,
My mother in law visit application is refused and I feel the case worker has missed to looked at my bank statements as I was sponsoring her. He even mentioned it on refusal letter that I only provided payslips and no other documents to prove that funds are available to her. He also did not acknowledge or mentioned the rental income from her 2 rented properties as her source of income back home. Even though it clearly mentioned on the documents upload list we did upload all these important documents.
There is no right or appeal or judicial review but clearly its a silly mistake from their side to miss such a important document on the application and seems very unfair.
Any advice is there any way to challenge it? Or new application is only the way
No right of appeal for visiting visas.

Copy and paste from a different query I already answered to, in case you miss that.

You need to re-apply immediately. Point out the errors that was made in assessing and decision making. Re-submit all documents again. If you think you missed one or two docs, add them again.

These guys are humans and make errors too.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!