ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cohabitation proof for SET(M) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saadasif

Will changing job affect my wife's ILR

Post by saadasif » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:55 pm

Hi guys,

With the help of your guidance, i was able to got my British passport last year. I need your help again so thanks in advance.

My wife is on spouse visa and will be completing her 5 years in this December. Now I am trying to switch job and lets assume if i get a job in couple of months then will it affect my wife's ILR spouse visa route? I am fulfilling financial requirement so that is not an issue. The only confusion i am having is will switching my job couple of months before her ILR due affect financial requirement

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Will changing job affect my wife's ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:59 pm

If your wife relies on her own income, your finances have no relevance. If she relies on your finances, then if you change your employer within 6 months of applying for her ILR then she must qualify under category B rather than category A, so some extra documents

Read: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:29 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:59 pm
If your wife relies on her own income, your finances have no relevance. If she relies on your finances, then if you change your employer within 6 months of applying for her ILR then she must qualify under category B rather than category A, so some extra documents

Read: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
Amazing and thank you for a quick reply. So after reading the guide you shared, what i understand is I will need to provide 12 months salary instead of six months salary if I switch my job. am i right?

If both companies are paying me for example £20k then there will be no issue as I am earning more than £18600 mark, right?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:29 am

You must satisfy the requirements in two parts:

1) Your annualised income from your most recent job should be above the threshold (£18,600+)
So all salary earned in your most recent job divided by the period in which it was earned, then multiplied by 12 must be above (£18,600+)
AND
2) In the last 12 months, you have earned in total, at least the minimum salary needed (£18,600+), so all income earned in the least 12 months from any job you held
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:37 am

There should be no issue meeting the financial requirement for Category Bas per the income you stated.

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:26 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:37 am
There should be no issue meeting the financial requirement for Category Bas per the income you stated.
Amazing, Thank you.

saadasif

cohabitation proof for SET(M) application

Post by saadasif » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:50 pm

Hi Guys,

You guys always been helpful so it mayday again from my side.

My wife has completed five years visa (2.5 x 2) so now filling her ILR application. I am British passport holder. Can anyone please answer below questions as I am really confused now as everyone is telling me something different.

1- From how many sources we both need to show cohabitation proof.

2- Do we need to show 12 document over the last 2 years mean 12+12=24 or 6 of mine and 6 of my wife.

3- We setup everything paperless so is it allowed to download bank statements in the pdf format and upload them or we need to print them out, get them stamped from the bank, scan and upload them.

4- Can she use H&M online invoice as a cohabitation proof

5- Can driving license be a cohabitation proof

Problem I am having is all the bills are on me so she has just 2 bank accounts out of them 1 is joint account, 1 credit card account and online shopping invoices. We do have her NHS letter, tenancy agreement, polling card so if its depend on from how many sources we need to show cohabitation proof.

Thank you in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: cohabitation proof for SET(M) application

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:25 pm

saadasif wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:50 pm
Hi Guys,

My wife has completed five years visa (2.5 x 2) so now filling her ILR application. I am British passport holder. Can anyone please answer below questions as I am really confused now as everyone is telling me something different.

1- From how many sources we both need to show cohabitation proof. From minimum 3 sources, 3-5months apart covering last 2years preceeding the application. 6 pieces if such letters or documents addressed to you both and 6 for each of you if individually addressed.

2- Do we need to show 12 document over the last 2 years mean 12+12=24 or 6 of mine and 6 of my wife. see response above

3- We setup everything paperless so is it allowed to download bank statements in the pdf format and upload them YES or we need to print them out, get them stamped from the bank, scan and upload them.

5- Can driving license be a cohabitation proof That's alt ID proof IMHO, however letters from dvla/dvsa can be used.

Problem I am having is all the bills are on you did her extension, how did you achieve this?...presumed if you wanted to change such setup you had the time enough means so she has just 2 bank accounts out of them 1 is joint account, 1 credit card account and online shopping invoices. We do have her NHS letter, tenancy agreement, polling card so if its depend on from how many sources we need to show cohabitation proof.

Thank you in advance.
It does not have to be bills alone, any item of correspondence can be used.

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:36 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:25 pm
saadasif wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:50 pm
Hi Guys,

1- From how many sources we both need to show cohabitation proof. From minimum 3 sources, 3-5months apart covering last 2years preceeding the application. 6 pieces if such letters or documents addressed to you both and 6 for each of you if individually addressed.

2- Do we need to show 12 document over the last 2 years mean 12+12=24 or 6 of mine and 6 of my wife. see response above

3- We setup everything paperless so is it allowed to download bank statements in the pdf format and upload them YES or we need to print them out, get them stamped from the bank, scan and upload them.

5- Can driving license be a cohabitation proof That's alt ID proof IMHO, however letters from dvla/dvsa can be used.

Problem I am having is all the bills are on you did her extension, how did you achieve this?...presumed if you wanted to change such setup you had the time enough means so she has just 2 bank accounts out of them 1 is joint account, 1 credit card account and online shopping invoices. We do have her NHS letter, tenancy agreement, polling card so if its depend on from how many sources we need to show cohabitation proof.

Thank you in advance.
It does not have to be bills alone, any item of correspondence can be used.
I used lawyer last 2 times but they used her bank statements, credit card statement, nhs letters and online shopping invoices. I am not using lawyer this time for indefinite so that is why little bit confuse.

Thank you for your reply. Very helpful as always.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:23 am

Ok, should you need any clarification, do not hesitate to ask on here.

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:44 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:23 am
Thank you very much. I will collect all letters and ask here if they are fine.

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:06 am

AmazonianX wrote:
in the document checklist, one of the list says "All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK". Are these applicant documents only (my wife) or sponsor (mine) and my son's documents as well?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:11 am

saadasif wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:06 am
AmazonianX wrote:
in the document checklist, one of the list says "All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK". Are these applicant documents only (my wife) or sponsor (mine) and my son's documents as well?
This refers to applicant. Note only those containing immigration history to UK e g. Visa vignettes, entry/exit stamps covering the period the application is based on.

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:33 pm

I do not pay council tax but in the document upload area and in the checklist, they are asking to upload council tax document. Should I leave it blank and do not upload anything there as i do not pay council tax

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 am

another favour is please guide me if below cohabitation letter are fine:

Spouse (me) cohabitation:
September 2021: MBNA credit card statement
December 2021: Santander bank statement
March 2022: Tesco credit card statement
June 2022: MBNA credit card statement
September 2022: Santander bank statement
December 2022: Virgin Broadband bill
March 2023: Nationwide Joint account
June 2023: Tesco credit card statement
September 2023: Virgin Broadband bill
November 2023: NHS covid letter

Applicant (wife) cohabitation:
September 2021: Lloyds credit card statement
November 2021: lloyds bank account statement
February 2022: Lloyds credit card statement
May 2022: Polling card
August 2022: NHS letter
December 2022: HM revenue letter
March 2023:Nationwide joint account statement
July 2023: HM revenue letter

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm

saadasif wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 am

As it seems you dont have letters addressed to you both, what is required is 6 letters each from at least 3 sources spread 3-4months apart covering last 2 years

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:18 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm
saadasif wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 am

As it seems you dont have letters addressed to you both, what is required is 6 letters each from at least 3 sources spread 3-4months apart covering last 2 years
Thank you for your guidance. I will cutdown number of documents to 6.

Any idea about below question please?

"I do not pay council tax but in the document upload area and in the checklist, they are asking to upload council tax document. Should I leave it blank and do not upload anything there as i do not pay council tax"

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:24 pm

saadasif wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:33 pm
I do not pay council tax but in the document upload area and in the checklist, they are asking to upload council tax document. Should I leave it blank and do not upload anything there as i do not pay council tax
There is no specific requirement to provide a specific document for cohabitation: All you need to know about cohabitation evidence

Cohabitation evidence is NOT the same as evidence to satisfy adequate accommodation under the family route, see the relevant guide on this matter: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... dation.pdf

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:57 pm

Thank you very much everyone who helped me here. Wife finally got ILR visa as we went for a super priority service.

Can she apply for Naturalisation as soon as she will get her BRP?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:06 pm

saadasif wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:57 pm
Yes, if she meets the 3 year requirements.

Please ask your British Citizenship questions in the correct sub forum. These questions are not relevant to the ILR sub forum.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saadasif

Post by saadasif » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:06 pm
saadasif wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:57 pm
Yes, if she meets the 3 year requirements.

Please ask your British Citizenship questions in the correct sub forum. These questions are not relevant to the ILR sub forum.

british-citizenship/
Thank you for your reply and guidance.