ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stelcal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Approval Letter

Post by Stelcal » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:02 pm

Hello gurus,

I sent an email on 15/08 to furtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk seeking progress on on my BC application. I received a reply today (25/08) stating that my BC app has been approved and that the next step is to attend a citizen ceremony (an invitation will be delivered shortly- it can take up to 3 working days to receive it).
My question is the following: Can I consider this reply as the official approval letter or will I have to wait to receive an extra one + Ceremony Invitation? I read people receive approval letters from HO Atlas.

Apologies in advance if my question sounds a bit naïve...

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Approval Letter

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:47 pm

Stelcal wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:02 pm
Hello gurus,

I sent an email on 15/08 to furtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk seeking progress on on my BC application. I received a reply today (25/08) stating that my BC app has been approved and that the next step is to attend a citizen ceremony (an invitation will be delivered shortly- it can take up to 3 working days to receive it).
My question is the following: Can I consider this reply as the official approval letter or will I have to wait to receive an extra one + Ceremony Invitation? I read people receive approval letters from HO Atlas.

Understandable. You still need to wait for the invitation letter. You need this to attend your citizenship ceremony.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Stelcal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Stelcal » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:01 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:47 pm
Stelcal wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:02 pm
Hello gurus,

Understandable. You still need to wait for the invitation letter. You need this to attend your citizenship ceremony.
Thank you so much for your kind an prompt reply! So if I understand correctly what I received from Further Nationality is the official approval letter and now I just have to wait for the Ceremony invitation, right?
btw I forgot to mention that Further Nationality reply was sent via HO in a headed letter "UK Visas & Immigration"

SxaDragon
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by SxaDragon » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:08 pm

Is the approval letter a physical letter sent in the post? What do you do once you get that?

My local council website says that they contact us once they receive confirmation from the HO and that they currently perform the ceremony over Zoom.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:11 pm

Yes that's correct. The letter would expressly state in the 2nd paragraph that you would be sent an invitation, and you would then be able to book your ceremony with your local authority.

So that's the most important 1st stage.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Stelcal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Stelcal » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:22 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:11 pm
Yes that's correct. The letter would expressly state in the 2nd paragraph that you would be sent an invitation, and you would then be able to book your ceremony with your local authority.

So that's the most important 1st stage.
That's exactly what it states in the second paragraph. Thank you so much again 💓!!!