ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused entry clearance - non visa national

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kitty

Refused entry clearance - non visa national

Post by Kitty » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:03 pm

Am I right in thinking that a Canadian national refused entry has no right of appeal even if the purpose of their visit was to see a family member?

As far as I can see the right of appeal does not apply to people without "entry clearance", which a non-visa national is not required to have.

Allied to this, is there any way of extending temporary admission granted to such a person?

And what's the best way of satisfying IOs that there's no intention to overstay as a visitor on this occasion, when there are long term plans to marry the person you are visiting? I am thinking that carrying as much info about comitments back home (employment contract, lease etc.) is best but are there any other helpful bits and pieces?

Any input or experiences gratefully received!

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:22 pm

The decision to refuse entry has presumably been made, removal is supposed to happen straight away. If temporary admission was granted it was exceptional and will not normally be extended when removal can take place. Failure to comply is a serious matter and can lead to arrest, removal and being barred from return. In most cases it won't be reviewd before removal unless some new and compelling evidence is now available which wasn't before.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:43 am

Thanks UKBabble - this is a new situation for me, and I couldn't see any way to get round it. Yes, the refusal decision appears already to have been made, and the temporary admission was presumably granted exceptionally to allow the person in question to see his new baby for the first time.

No intention of not leaving, just wondering if the TA might be extended, although I will see if anything "compelling" can be produced.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:22 am

By how long did you wish to extend the temporary admission?