ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa extension application questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: spouse visa extension application questions

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:31 pm

Provide what you have.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:17 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:31 pm
Provide what you have.
Okay, I suppose that is all you can do!

Can you re-use the same document source to fill gaps in the timeline? for example use multiple bank statements etc

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:25 am

MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:17 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Provide what you have.

Can you re-use the same document source to fill gaps in the timeline? for example use multiple bank statements etc
If you mean use bank statements as financial evidence and also as cohabitation proofs, answer is Yes. Just name it appropriately for each use.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:37 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:25 am
MAdnan1 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Provide what you have.

If you mean use bank statements as financial evidence and also as cohabitation proofs, answer is Yes. Just name it appropriately for each use.
Sorry I may have not worded correctly but I meant just for cohabitation use - for example using the council tax from 2022 and 2023 or using multiple bank statements few months apart. Same source but different dates to fill the 3-4 month gaps.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:56 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:37 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:25 am
MAdnan1 wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Provide what you have.

Sorry I may have not worded correctly but I meant just for cohabitation use - for example using the council tax from 2022 and 2023 or using multiple bank statements few months apart. Same source but different dates to fill the 3-4 month gaps.
Provide what you have.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:04 pm

Hi guys just on the financial section of application. Do I tick the employed box or self employed box if I am applying as a director of limited company where I receive a salary and dividends?

By my judgement I click self-employed (director of specified ltd company) and non-employment income (dividends).

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:11 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:04 pm
Hi guys just on the financial section of application. Do I tick the employed box or self employed box if I am applying as a director of limited company where I receive a salary and dividends?

By my judgement I click self-employed (director of specified ltd company) and non-employment income (dividends).
Correct

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:23 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:11 pm
MAdnan1 wrote:

Correct
Just having gone through it, filling out the self-employment section after giving details of the ltd company and figures, it mentions to submit proof of the dividends (dividend vouchers and personal bank statements) under this same section.

After completing this section, it is now asking about the non-employment income as I also ticked this box. But now I am starting to think that I do not need to tick the non-employment income box as the dividends I am showing are from the same limited company I detailed in the Self-employment section, and it asks for the dividend proof under that section. So there is no need to mention the dividends under non-employment income.

Any clarification?

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:30 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:23 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:11 pm
MAdnan1 wrote:

Correct
Just having gone through it, filling out the self-employment section after giving details of the ltd company and figures, it mentions to submit proof of the dividends (dividend vouchers and personal bank statements) under this same section.

After completing this section, it is now asking about the non-employment income as I also ticked this box. But now I am starting to think that I do not need to tick the non-employment income box as the dividends I am showing are from the same limited company I detailed in the Self-employment section, and it asks for the dividend proof under that section. So there is no need to mention the dividends under non-employment income.

Any clarification?
Sorry its okay do not need to answer this - I have figured it out.
I only need to tick self-employment as the dividends are from the same source, my limited company. No need to tick non-employment income for the dividends, unless they are from a different source.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:53 pm

Hi guys, somebody was mentioning to me that as me (British citizen) and my wife who is on the family visa had a child in the UK we can apply straight for ILR instead of going through the 2.5year extension. Is this correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:56 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:53 pm
Hi guys, somebody was mentioning to me that as me (British citizen) and my wife who is on the family visa had a child in the UK we can apply straight for ILR instead of going through the 2.5year extension. Is this correct?
If your child was born in the UK after you got ILR or became British, then the child is automatically British.

If the child was born BEFORE you got ILR, then the child is not British but you can register the child as British on form MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:56 pm
MAdnan1 wrote:
If your child was born in the UK after you got ILR or became British, then the child is automatically British.

If the child was born BEFORE you got ILR, then the child is not British but you can register the child as British on form MN1.
I believe my child is automatically British, he has a British passport already. He was born here and myself (father) was born and raised here too.

It’s just in relation to my wife, the mother, her spouse visa 2.5 year extension is due now, but somebody mentioned to me that she can skip the application to extend and apply for ILR. I didn’t think she would be eligible as she has not been living in the UK for 5 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:08 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:02 pm
CR001 wrote:
MAdnan1 wrote:

I believe my child is automatically British, he has a British passport already. He was born here and myself (father) was born and raised here too.

It’s just in relation to my wife, the mother, her spouse visa 2.5 year extension is due now, but somebody mentioned to me that she can skip the application to extend and apply for ILR. I didn’t think she would be eligible as she has not been living in the UK for 5 years.
No, there is no shortcut for your wife. Having a British child doesn't give her any advantage. She needs 5 years spouse visa before she can apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:10 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
MAdnan1 wrote:

Your understanding is correct, whoever was mouthing such needs not be listened to; you correct such person.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:20 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:10 pm
MAdnan1 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
MAdnan1 wrote:

Your understanding is correct, whoever was mouthing such needs not be listened to; you correct such person.
Thanks for the clarification. I’m glad it’s not true after getting to the payment page of the application!!!

If you could just clarify this for me, For the declaration stage - there are 2 I believe. Family consent with 3 parts/pages, part 1 is signed by applicant, part 2 sponsor for the joint named documentation, is part 3 signed by sponsor too? As it’s for the financial sponsor.

family declaration which is just 1 page - is signed by the applicants partner, which would be me.

Thanks again guys for all the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:21 pm

1 and 2 only.

3 not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:46 pm

Hi, I am just wondering which figure to put for this question:

'What was the income (in GBP) from self-employment in the last financial year?
This is the income (i.e. profit), not turnover. Please provide the figure before tax and National insurance deductions'

as the sponsor I am using my income as a director of ltd company to support my wife's application, so I will be using the last full company financial year. So does this question want the company profits of the last financial year from the CT600, or my own personal income before tax from my SA302.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:22 pm

Hi Guy, to show evidence of ongoing employment as director of ltd company, how many recent pay slips do you think would suffice? How many of the last few months wage slips should I show… July/June/May/April?

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:19 pm

Hi, I have submitted and paid for the online application on 31/08, how long after do I need to book the biometrics? If I book around the end of September for example 27/28 - would this be okay?

Or do you have to submit biometrics within a certain time range of submitting application?

Appreciate if somebody can help!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:13 am

MAdnan1 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:19 pm
Hi, I have submitted and paid for the online application on 31/08, how long after do I need to book the biometrics? If I book around the end of September for example 27/28 - would this be okay?

Or do you have to submit biometrics within a certain time range of submitting application?

Appreciate if somebody can help!
Within 45days of application date after which it becomes invalid if biometrics appointment not done or attended.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:39 pm

Hi, I am currently uploading my documents onto the UKVCAS website I have more or less done everything and I have double checked I have everything there.
But i was just wondering do I need to complete and upload the UKVI Document checklist that I downloaded at the end of submitting the application?

It does say on the checklist sheet to upload your checklist and documents within 10 working days. I was under the impression that you have until your biometric appointment date to upload your documents.Is this correct?

We submitted application 31/08. I have just finished uploading documents today which would mean it has been more than 10 working days. Anyone please advise?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:03 am

MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:39 pm
Hi, I am currently uploading my documents onto the UKVCAS website I have more or less done everything and I have double checked I have everything there.
But i was just wondering do I need to complete and upload the UKVI Document checklist that I downloaded at the end of submitting the application?

It does say on the checklist sheet to upload your checklist and documents within 10 working days. I was under the impression that you have until your biometric appointment date to upload your documents.Is this correct?

We submitted application 31/08. I have just finished uploading documents today which would mean it has been more than 10 working days. Anyone please advise?
Used to be that you have till biometrics appointment.
However the comment you observe may be part of the changes slowly coming in to the application process.
Await comments from others.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:59 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:03 am
MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:39 pm

Used to be that you have till biometrics appointment.
However the comment you observe may be part of the changes slowly coming in to the application process.
Await comments from others.
I’m a little worried now as i have uploaded the documents outside the 10 working day window :shock: I totally missed this detail early on. I hope it will be okay as I have still uploaded them before the appointment.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:49 am

Hopefully, and when you attend biometrics ask. Hoping clarity as we get update from members.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:56 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:49 am
Hopefully, and when you attend biometrics ask. Hoping clarity as we get update from members.
Well after that scare I just called UKVCAS customer service and they said you still have up until the appointment to upload. At the end of the appointment they submit the documents, that is the cut off point unless you have the 10pm extension agreed before hand.