ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant VISA Query after getting ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

praveenvp
Newly Registered
India

Dependant VISA Query after getting ILR

Post by praveenvp » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:01 pm

Hi All,

I recently got my ILR but my spouse and daughter are not completed 5 year in UK till date they will complete 5 year in April 2024 . and their VISA is valid till Nov 2023.

I have below Query
-Do I need to extend their visa as skilled worker dependant ?
-My skilled worker Cos valid till Nov 2023 as I got ILR then what i need to select for "What time period does Praveen certificate of sponsership cover "? I have two options Less than 3 year and more than 3 year
- What proof i need to provide as a sponser , is ILR BRP ?

vthuppil
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: Dependant VISA Query after getting ILR

Post by vthuppil » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:14 pm

1. Yes, you need to extend as Skilled Worker dependent.
2. Select less than 3 years, but when you go to pay the IHS surcharge, you must select and pay for 3 years for each dependent. Maybe best if you apply for their extension before this Tory government pushes through increased visa fees during this autumn. Currently, health surcharge is £1872 per applicant for 3 years, but sometime this autumn, it will go up to £3000+. If you already have ILR, then they can apply for their 3 year extension now itself.
3. You will need to provide your Unique Application Number (UAN) from your ILR application. It will be there as the reference number in the email you received from Home Office Atlas saying that your ILR has been approved.