ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Tier 4 Dependant Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

simongates
United Kingdom

Re: Student Tier 4 Dependant Visa

Post by simongates » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:01 am

Hello,

My wife got visa. The visa issue date as stated on passport is 19-08-2023. it states the expiry date of visa as 31-01-2024 on the passport page with the vignette and no where does it state that she needs to travel within 90 days after issue date. As of now we are in august 2023. Does the 90 day travel limit still applies ? Its important because if 90 days limit applies then the latest she can travel is mid of november 2023. Otherwise she can travel latest in december or january. Please clarify. Thankyou
Last edited by simongates on Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Student Tier 4 Dependant Visa

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:17 am

You are confusing two different matters.

If she had received a 90-day vignette, she clearly would need to travel to the UK within the 90-day validity of that vignette.

However, she has been given a vignette covering her whole stay, because her stay is less than six months. As such, she can travel to the UK whenever she wishes, within the validity of the vignette. There will no BRP to collect as her stay is less than six months and she already has the vignette for her full length of permission.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.