ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prove your right to work app showing different name and status on my account

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

igheorghe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Prove your right to work app showing different name and status on my account

Post by igheorghe » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:06 am

Dear all,
For awareness as this is a serious matter - I have logged in to home office portal to check my status a week ago with passport no, date of birth and unique code sent to my mobile and on my page it shows my photo but a different name which is not remotely similar to mine or familiar. Imagine my shock!! I have emailed HO complaints, DPO (they dismissed me straight away saying that they do not deal with this sort of queries although it is my personal data which I feel is being misused and potentially a data breach, fraud or massive neglijence at their end), Public enquiries teams, also called them and they acknowledged that the name linked to my account is not mine. Currently they are looking into it for a week now and that name and status still show on my account, taking snapshots every day..
So, the HO is misusing my personal data and associating my account with someone else's name and status where it says they are allowed to work until April 2025 (I have settled status for years and I am also a British citizen). I am fighting windmills, feeling that they don't take ownership for their mistakes and not fixing the error, not taking me seriously. There could be serious consequences for someone trying to prove their right to work or at borders if they did not have citizenship...I entrusted the HO with my personal data who is misusing it and causing me uncalled for stress and anxiety... Everyone, please check your account to make sure all is in order

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Prove your right to work app showing different name and status on my account

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:18 am

This sounds like a serious data issue, but as a British citizen you don't need to use a portal to prove right of of work. Your Settled Status is no longer relevant (but you may still be on the system). Your British passport (if you have one) or naturalisation certificate is acceptable proof for employers. Or am I misunderstanding?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

igheorghe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Prove your right to work app showing different name and status on my account

Post by igheorghe » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:27 am

True, I do not have to prove my right. However, it is my data there linked to someone else's name and status.
Just wanted to raise awareness here and to highlight the HO incompetence. We are talking about a governmental institution, allegedly trusted. I wish I had the money to take it further with a solicitor but will likely escalate to Ombudsman..someone has to make them liable at some point as they get away with too much!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:30 am

igheorghe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by igheorghe » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:51 am

Interesting read. Thank you