ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension

Post by Won » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:46 am

Dear forum members hello I am new to this forum. If members can please help me that would be great.
My wife's extension is due she is on five year route, we had the letter from home office which stated she is/was on five year route. Do we need to provide home office that letter?
I have few questions if some body can shed some light on it please. As I am ready to apply for the extension.
She has switched to Spouse visa back in March 2021 , when she was already in UK and her current visa was issued on 23 March 2021 and is valid till 18 October 2023. I have a kid who is also my dependent. May I know whats earliest she can apply. (Bear in mind I am trying to avoid a hefty increase in fees)

I become self employed in late April 2022 and am earning above £22400 per annum. My question is how many tax returns I need to submit to home office , as I only have a one tax return from 6 April 2022 to 5 April 2023. Do I only need a one tax return or do I need to make a provisional tax return for the next year as well. As its stated on policy guidelines on HO website.
My understanding is I do need a accountant letter for the confirmation of tax return. Am I correct? Do I need any thing else apart from that?
I dont have a business account but a personal account. Will that be acceptable? My understanding is home office needs 1 years bank statement. Is it correct?
I don't have a proof of registration with hmrc as self employed because I registered myself back in 2014 will it be a problem?
I moved in my current house in July last year , I have a rental agreement of six months each , I asked my agents to renew the agreement for next year for which they put me on monthly rolling contract. I don't even have a confirmation of that but its almost September meaning I am on rolling contract. Can you please suggest what documents shall I give to home office. Can I send the old rental agreements?

Regarding cohabitation requirements, I do have some documents on both of mine and wife's name but they are only from last year July. We do have other documents but those are not six of each will that be still acceptable? Please advice.

If I can please ask what other documents I would need

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:01 am

Won wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:46 am
Dear forum members hello I am new to this forum. If members can please help me that would be great.
My wife's extension is due she is on five year route, we had the letter from home office which stated she is/was on five year route. Do we need to provide home office that letter? No
I have few questions if some body can shed some light on it please. As I am ready to apply for the extension.
She has switched to Spouse visa back in March 2021 , when she was already in UK and her current visa was issued on 23 March 2021 and is valid till 18 October 2023. I have a kid who is also my dependent. May I know whats earliest she can apply. 28 days before completing 30months on spouse visa route(Bear in mind I am trying to avoid a hefty increase in fees)

I become self employed in late April 2022 and am earning above £22400 per annum. My question is how many tax returns I need to submit to home office , as I only have a one tax return from 6 April 2022 to 5 April 2023. Do I only need a one tax return Yes or do I need to make a provisional tax return for the next year as well. As its stated on policy guidelines on HO website.
My understanding is I do need a accountant letter for the confirmation of tax return. Am I correct? Do I need any thing else apart from that?
I dont have a business account but a personal account. Will that be acceptable? My understanding is home office needs 1 years bank statement. Is it correct?
I don't have a proof of registration with hmrc as self employed because I registered myself back in 2014 will it be a problem?
I moved in my current house in July last year , I have a rental agreement of six months each , I asked my agents to renew the agreement for next year for which they put me on monthly rolling contract. I don't even have a confirmation of that but its almost September meaning I am on rolling contract. Can you please suggest what documents shall I give to home office. Can I send the old rental agreements? Yes

Regarding cohabitation requirements, I do have some documents on both of mine and wife's name but they are only from last year July. We do have other documents but those are not six of each will that be still acceptable? Please advice. A mixture of both individually and both addressed documents can be used.

If I can please ask what other documents I would need
As you fill the form it will generate list of what you provide

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:15 pm

Many thanks for replying @AmazonianX .
Many thanks for clarification i thought you can apply any time before expiry of visa , so I think she is eligible to apply on 26 August 2023, as her 30 months will complete on 23 September 2023 because her first visa was issued on 23 March 2021. As 26 August will be exact 28 days before her 30 months. Am I right in understanding that .

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:06 pm

And regarding return only one return will suffice. Great! I will rely on category F , last full financial year. But in guidance says applicant can choose to rely on category G instead, average of last two financial years which I cannot will it still be ok?
I'm pasting the guidance here
Where the applicant's partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with
permission to work) is in self-employment or is either the director or employee (or
both) of a specified limited company in the UK, at the date of application, they can
use income from the last full financial year to meet the financial requirement.
Category G: Average of last 2 full financial years
Where the applicant's partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with
permission to work) is in self-employment, or is the director or employee (or both) of
a specified limited company in the UK, at the date of application, they can choose
instead to rely on Category G. This allows them to use an average of the income
received in the last 2 full financial years to meet the financial requirement.
Uk
A reference to the 'average' of the income received in the last 2 full financial years
Category G is a reference to the mean average
Self-employment or Director or employee of a specified
limited company in the UK - general requirements
For those self-employed as a sole trader, as a partner or in a franchise, the relevant
financial year(s) will be that covered by the self-assessment tax return and in the UK
this runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year. Where the applicant is relying or
their partner's income from self-employment overseas, the relevant financial year(s)
will reflect the requirements of the taxation system of that country.
For those employed as a director or other employee (or both) of a specified limited
company in the UK, the relevant financial year(s) will be that covered by the
Company Tax Return CT600 and corresponds to the 12-month accounting year of
the company.
The evidence submitted must cover the relevant financial year(s) most recently
ended. A self-assessment tax return may include provisional figures, where the
return explains why this is so and how the figures were arrived at, and in which case
a covering letter explaining this and how any provisional figures tie in with other
material submitted, for example, audited or unaudited accounts, may be helpful. This
means that a sponsor wishing to rely on earnings from self-employment as a sole
trader, as a partner or in a franchise will need to arrange to file their self-assessment
tax return to HMRC on a timescale geared to meeting this requirement of the
Immigration Rules rather than the deadline set for UK tax purposes. Similarly, in
Page 55 of 71 Published for Home Office staff on 7 December 2021
respect of the Company Tax Return CT600, where the sponsor is a director or other
employee of a specified limited company in the UK.
f a person has different financial years, for example, because they are both self-
employed and a director or other employee (or both) of a specified limited company
their income from the self-assessment tax return and Company Tax Return financial
years cannot be combined to meet the financial requirement.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:25 pm

Won wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:15 pm
Many thanks for replying @AmazonianX .
Many thanks for clarification i thought you can apply any time before expiry of visa , so I think she is eligible to apply on 26 August 2023, as her 30 months will complete on 23 September 2023 because her first visa was issued on 23 March 2021. As 26 August will be exact 28 days before her 30 months. Am I right in understanding that .
Yes, you understand correctly.

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:17 am

@AmazonianX many thanks for the prompt reply.
Can you guys please tell me do i need to provide an accountant letter as well. I am very confused about it, as in guidance it says
"f the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants, The Association of Authorised Public Accountants, The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, the Association of International Accountants and The Association of Accounting Technicians"

I am a taxi driver although i do submit returns but i do not produce accounts. Do i need a letter from my accountant to verify the authenticity of my tax return or not.

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:54 pm

Dear forum members many thanks for helping me out. Moderators I am sorry if i am asking the same question again, please help me , i am going to submit my application in next couple of days time as early as i can. i have asked my accountant to produce a tax return for me. i am waiting for it. I just wanted to ask question about accounts preparation, do i need to produce accounts as well?
my question is i was working for a private taxi base mostly in year 2022 and were mostly in cash and some part of it in bank as well, i was not depositing cash each month but whenever i found time, after two or three months used to go to bank and deposit it. will it be a probelm? (or can i explain this in a cover letter to case worker, i will look in my bank statements in detail and will post about it) please help!!
But as from May 2023 i am working for uber and the payment comes straight in my account, but technically that falls in tax year 2023 to 2024. Do i need to make a provisional tax retrun of tax year 2023/24 or not.
please help.
many thanks

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:06 am

hi there guys, upon checking my different bank accounts, here is summary of all cash deposits i made: :?
in Aug 2022, £2700 and taken out same day,
November 2022, deposit £4010, transferred to my other account.
March 2023, £2980 in joint account
april 2023 £4290 in joint account

these are the only deposits i made, i am so much tensed about it :cry: :cry: , i was lazy and did not deposited cash in bank each month, i got the cash on me. i started working with uber in late May when payments started coming in my account from 24 May 2023.
Can some one please shed some light on it please. :(
My understanding is/was that HO will see only the tax return with regards to financial requirement, and the tax paid/unpaid, not otherwise,
will it have any impact on my wife's application . please help :(

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:23 am

when somebody has time please throw some light on it.

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:05 am

i have read the guidance for financial requirement and it says

Self-employed income can be cash-in-hand if the correct tax is paid. It would
generally be expected that the person’s business or personal bank statements would
fully reflect all gross (pre-tax) cash income. Flexibility may only be applied where the
decision-maker is satisfied that the cash income relied upon is fully evidenced by the
relevant tax return(s) and the accounts information.

Am i covered here please seniors members , moderators, respected gurus shed some light on it for my piece of mind and give me some advice.

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:41 am

Hi there, one more question please can i prepare my return myself as well or does it need to be prepared from accountant only? I know that stuff having studied accounts, I can prepare accounts myself as well. and then can get verified from member of RSB like ACCA. will it work?
will it have any impact on the application?
your input will be highly appreciated.

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:41 am

can anybody help me please. i need help :cry:

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension help please

Post by Won » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:41 pm

can any body help me please or give any kind of advice. im waiting from long time. :?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:44 pm

This is a rather specific query - not many, if any members of the forum have answers to that question.
Unfortunately, while forum members know a lot, they can't just know everything (or person who does know is not in a position to go on forums right now, you never know).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:12 am

@meself2 many thanks. i am counting on this forum members.
I just came across the requirement of accountant letter of confirmation it says
"accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised
Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member
of the Institute of Financial Accountants "

May i please know what are the contents of this letter, sorry if i am asking this question again if some body has asked this earlier. im stressed out !!

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:29 pm

@moderators and senior members does any one knows what goes in certificate of confirmation . I have searched this forum but couldn't find it.

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Certificate of confirmation

Post by Won » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:21 pm

Can any body please tell what goes in certificate of confirmation from accountant.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Certificate of confirmation

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:03 pm

Won wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:21 pm
Can any body please tell what goes in certificate of confirmation from accountant.
Forum members may well not have knowledge of accountancy, or what information is given in the certificate. I certainly don't.
However, after a quick Google search :idea:
you should find the information you need in the link below:

https://www.migrate.org.uk/accountants- ... firmation/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Won
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Won » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:17 am

Many thanks, already did that search.