ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Re: British Citizenship

Post by Royal_desire » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:58 pm

Noted sir really appreciate it will do accordingly

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:42 pm

Dear moderates
Hope you okay

I have a question about traveling overseas after submitting my application its been 4 month now since we applied naturalisation still nothing from home office and we planing to travel abroad 21 august for 1 weeks please help advice

1. I was already out of the UK for 85 days for the last 12 months before apllication date so I have only 5 days left to reach 90 days, but my travel overseas is longer than 5 days. Will that travel count towards these days if I will travel now will have an effect in my application as i have not received and email yet please advice and am i allowed to travel for 8 days as we havr only 5 days left to reach 90 days

Your help will be highly appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:12 am

You are free to travel. Your absence is only relevant up to the date of application. Travel after applying is irrelevant
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:51 am

Noted sir really appreciate it
So we could travel how much we want
We just have to be back once we get approval from
Ho right sir

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:27 am

You are only British once you attend your ceremony, not from approval notifications.

Untill you attend your ceremony, you are an ilr holder only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:35 am

Yes sir totally agreed but my question was
Am allowed to stay abroad now or no ?
As i got employment abroad so am i allowed
To go stay that my question as my
Application is already gone through just waiting
For ceremonies email ifs been 4 month still not here
My work is starting 1 September
So am i allowed to leave uk ?
And come back here ne we get ceremony email from ho

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:47 pm

Awaiting your kind reply moderates on the above 👆 please

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:41 pm

Royal_desire wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:35 am
Yes sir totally agreed but my question was
Am allowed to stay abroad now or no ?
As i got employment abroad so am i allowed
To go stay that my question as my
Application is already gone through just waiting
For ceremonies email ifs been 4 month still not here
My work is starting 1 September
So am i allowed to leave uk ?
And come back here ne we get ceremony email from ho
????

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm

This is not an on-demand forum - people don't sit on forums 24/7. Please, have some patience and don't bump the post every hour. When someone who can answer your query will be free, they will do so.

My guess is yes, you technically can do that; however, if you try to apply for passport from abroad, HO might consider this as a violation of your future intentions to reside in UK and revoke citizenship, as was mentioned on forums here, so be careful.

Also I hope you have appropriate right to work in a country you're going to.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:00 pm

Dear moderates

Hope you okay
We emailed further nationaly
Last week and recived a response
From them below 👇

UK Visas and Immigration remain focused on confirming decisions on British citizenship applications as quickly as possible and I am pleased to confirm that your application for British citizenship has been approved.

The next step for you will be to attend a citizenship ceremony, which is an essential part of you becoming a British citizen. British citizenship ceremonies are delivered on behalf of the Home Office by individual local authorities.

Your invitation letter to attend your citizenship ceremony will be sent to you by email shortly.

This can take up to three working days to be delivered to your inbox. Please be advised that emails sent from the Nationality Casework teams could have arrived at your email account and then may have been redirected to your spam/junk email folder/s. These folders should be checked prior to contacting us further.

Its been 6 days after that we haven’t received an email form HO of confirmation email yet

We rang council ceremony there said same we havent
Recived from HO

Please advice on what we do please assist

Stelcal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Stelcal » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:28 pm

Royal_desire wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:00 pm
Dear moderates

Hope you okay
From them below 👇

UK Visas and Immigration remain focused on confirming decisions on British citizenship applications as quickly as possible and I am pleased to confirm that your application for British citizenship has been approved.

The next step for you will be to attend a citizenship ceremony, which is an essential part of you becoming a British citizen. British citizenship ceremonies are delivered on behalf of the Home Office by individual local authorities.

Your invitation letter to attend your citizenship ceremony will be sent to you by email shortly.

This can take up to three working days to be delivered to your inbox. Please be advised that emails sent from the Nationality Casework teams could have arrived at your email account and then may have been redirected to your spam/junk email folder/s. These folders should be checked prior to contacting us further.

Its been 6 days after that we haven’t received an email form HO of confirmation email yet

Recived from HO

Hello,

I am not a moderator but I can share my experience. I received the very same reply from Further Nationality on 25/08. Then on 30/08 from Citizenship Support a further communication/confirmation that my BC app. was successful. I rang my council last week and they said they have not received anything yet, but they also told me that they usually receive communications/ paperwork (certificates) from HO on Fridays, so best option is to get in touch on Mondays. I rang the Council this morning again and I was able to book my ceremony appointment (private). So it's been 10 calendar days for me. Good luck :) !!!

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:36 pm

Stelcal wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:28 pm
Royal_desire wrote:
Dear moderates

Hope you okay
From them below 👇

Recived from HO

Hello,

I am not a moderator but I can share my experience. I received the very same reply from Further Nationality on 25/08. Then on 30/08 from Citizenship Support a further communication/confirmation that my BC app. was successful. I rang my council last week and they said they have not received anything yet, but they also told me that they usually receive communications/ paperwork (certificates) from HO on Fridays, so best option is to get in touch on Mondays. I rang the Council this morning again and I was able to book my ceremony appointment (private). So it's been 10 calendar days for me. Good luck :) !!!
Hello thanks for your lovely message
So did you email citizenship support separately?
Please could you share that email as i only have futhernathalitiy email

And i rang council on Friday there said not received anything yet ! today was Monday which i didn't ring
And office are closed now will ring up again tomorrow hopefully its here fingers crossed 🤞🏽

So basically you haven't received email from Ho
of approval right ,
From HO RIGHT ?

Stelcal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Stelcal » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:45 pm

Royal_desire wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:36 pm
Stelcal wrote:
Royal_desire wrote:
Dear moderates

Hope you okay
From them below 👇

Recived from HO

Hello,

So did you email citizenship support separately? Yes, that was back when I was emailing to Further Nationality as well. They just reply 5 days later.
Please could you share that email as i only have futhernathalitiy email : "Happy to inform your app. was successufull etc"

And i rang council on Friday there said not received anything yet ! today was Monday which i didn't ring
And office are closed now will ring up again tomorrow hopefully its here fingers crossed 🤞🏽

of approval right , No not yet, I think it's just a matter of time for the email from HO Atlas to arrive, the Council told me that there might be some issue with HO email comms. (not unusual), But at this point what really matters is that they (Council) got my certificate so I can proceed with becoming a BC.
From HO RIGHT ? As above

Stelcal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Stelcal » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:48 pm

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:15 pm

Stelcal wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:45 pm
Royal_desire wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:36 pm
Stelcal wrote:
Royal_desire wrote:
Dear moderates

Hope you okay
From them below 👇

Recived from HO

Hello,

So did you email citizenship support separately? Yes, that was back when I was emailing to Further Nationality as well. They just reply 5 days later.
Please could you share that email as i only have futhernathalitiy email : "Happy to inform your app. was successufull etc"

of approval right , No not yet, I think it's just a matter of time for the email from HO Atlas to arrive, the Council told me that there might be some issue with HO email comms. (not unusual), But at this point what really matters is that they (Council) got my certificate so I can proceed with becoming a BC.
From HO RIGHT ? As above
Thanks again really appreciate it
But the above email from further nationlity
Mean the application is approved right ?

There nothing to worry about now right ?

Just a matter of patience
Ive emailed citizenship support just now