ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR financial requirement limited company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tikhedewal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR financial requirement limited company

Post by Tikhedewal » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:39 am

Hi all!

Firstly thank you for all the help that is offered here, I've used this over the years for my spouse leave to remain visa and it has been really helpful!

Our financial requirements have changed since the last application i made back in December 2020, and I was wondering if anyone could help or shed some light for me.

I work for Sainsburys and earn under the threshold. And my husband works for his families business. The business has been around for 30 years and my husband lost his original job due to covid back in 2022. He then started working for his families business in April 2022 and is a director of the specific limited company. He earns under the 18700, but both of our salaries combined mean we are above the 18700 requirement.

Question 1: Am I right to believe my financial requirement falls under Category A and my husbands falls under Category F?

Question 2: The companies financial year is September to September, so the CT600 will be last years, rather than this years. Is that an issue?

Thank you in advance for any help you're able to give

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR financial requirement limited company

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:14 pm

1. Correct
2. It may be an issue as the period in which your incomes were earned must be the same. So for example, you cannot combine income earned over the last 6 months with what he earned last year in his business
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Tikhedewal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tikhedewal » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:43 am

Thank you Zimba for a fast and informative response. Really appreciate it.

I have a couple more questions to add on if anyone knows.

1. Would we need to supply a signed certificate of incorporation and include:

• statement of good standing
• registered office address
• directors
• secretaries

2. Would he also need to order a certified copy of a document from the company's filing history? Such as the appointment of my husband as a director?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:16 pm

Have you read the guide ??
See: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Check out the section titled: Director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK – specified evidence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Tikhedewal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tikhedewal » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:11 pm

I have seen this, however it is the financial requirement for armed forces....?

Family Migration:
Appendix FM Section 1.7 Appendix
Armed Forces
Financial requirement

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:17 pm

It refers to two different documents:
Appendix FM Section 1.7 and Appendix Armed Forces

Also it states on the fourth page:
This guidance tells the decision maker how to decide family migration applications
that require a financial requirement assessment and is to be used for all applications
decided after 6 April 2015.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:39 pm

It covers both routes, so Appendix FM Section 1.7 Appendix AND Armed Forces.
It is not clear but the lines are used to separate them