ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion re ILR application & service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

balixonline
Mood:
United Kingdom

Confusion re ILR application & service

Post by balixonline » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:03 pm

Hi,

I was granted Leave to Remain on Ten Year Parent Route (valid until 12-2024) but it's been over 10 years for me now in the UK and I wish to apply for ILR and understand that I need to apply via this page;

https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to- ... amily-visa

I have drafted the application by following Apply as a parent (family visa) and clicking the 10-year route (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... t-relative)

I have then filled out the application form and upon completion, it asks me to pay 2404.00 GBP for the application for Settlement Adult Relative.

I wanted to apply using Super Priority Service but it only gives me the option for standard application. How can I use priority or super-priority service?

Unless I am filling out an incorrect form.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Confusion re ILR application & service

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:26 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:51 am

Is OP selecting the right route, though?
Shouldn't they apply via long residence?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

balixonline
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by balixonline » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:25 am

I read that, thank you and understand its touch and go with UKVI.

the second question I have (as the other person suggests) am I applying via the correct route? should I apply via long residence instead of Applying as a parent (family visa)? I do have over 10 year legal residence (via Leave to Remain on Ten Year Parent Route)

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:45 am

If you have 10 years of residence on 10 year parent route, you can apply through parent route.
Otherwise, if you have 10 years in multiple categories, you can only go via long residence.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:29 am

I assumed the 10 years are spent under the family route, otherwise you can ONLY apply under the long residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice