ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request for Letter of Consent Template for Global Talent Visa Dependent Extension in the UK.

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Changing Dependency of 10-Year-Old Son During Visa Extension Process

Post by hirennc » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:11 pm

Hi ALL,
I hope this message finds you well. I am currently in the process of extending my 10 year old son's visa and would like to make a change in his dependency status. Specifically, I wish to switch his dependency from one parent to the other. Both parents are in agreement on this matter and can furnish all the required documentation to validate the change. Importantly, there have been no changes in our circumstances that would impact this request.

Could you please guide me through the process? Is it sufficient to simply apply online, designating the desired parent detail in the extension application? Alternatively, are there additional steps we should be aware of, such as submitting a formal letter or other documentation to facilitate this change?

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your guidance on how best to proceed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing Dependency of 10-Year-Old Son During Visa Extension Process

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:35 pm

Unclear what specifically you mean by "change dependency "

What visa does the other parent hold for the uk?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Post by hirennc » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:55 pm

Both parents independently hold Global Talent Visas(GTV).
Parent One: GTV 3 years route in digital technology. recently converted to ILR.
Prent two: GTV 5 years route in the arts category.

Currently, the Child is shown as dependent on parent one and wants to change the dependency to parent two. Hope this clarifies. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:56 pm

When does the other parent's visa expire and when was it valid from?

Why do you wish to change the visa dependency?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:53 am

Note: GT 24.2.
A child will be granted permission which ends on the same date as whichever of their parents’ permission ends first, unless both parents have (or are being granted) settlement or British Citizenship, in which case the child will be granted permission for 3 years.
specifies the period of grant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Post by hirennc » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:56 pm

Immigration Background:
Our family moved to the UK on December 10, 2018, on student visas, with Parent 1 being the main applicant and Parent 2 and the child listed as dependents.

Status of Parent 1:
Granted a Global Talent Visa: September 15, 2020, valid until September 15, 2023.
Achieved Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR): August 21, 2023.
Eligibility for UK Naturalization: September 2024.
Status of Parent 2:
Granted a Global Talent Visa: September 7, 2020, valid until September 7, 2025.
Reason for Considering a Change in Dependency:
The duration of a dependent's visa is aligned with the validity of the main applicant's visa. Currently, the child is dependent on Parent 1, who has recently obtained ILR. If we maintain this arrangement, the child's visa would need to be extended for an additional 3 years, incurring 3 years' worth of Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) costs.

Alternative Scenario:
By switching the child's dependency to Parent 2, the required visa extension would only be for 2 years. This would result in a saving of one year's worth of IHS costs. Moreover, the child would become eligible for ILR within those 2 years.

Switching the child's dependency to Parent 2 would also align the child's immigration process exclusively with Parent 2's timeline, making it more streamlined.

Additional Considerations:
I've heard that if Parent 1 becomes naturalized and obtains UK citizenship, the child may be able to directly apply for UK citizenship, bypassing the ILR process. Is this accurate? Would this eligibility change if the child is dependent on Parent 2 instead of Parent 1?

Key Questions:
1. Should we change the child's dependency to Parent 2 to save one year's worth of IHS costs?
2. What is the procedure for changing the child's dependency status?
3. Can the child bypass the ILR process if Parent 1 gains UK citizenship through naturalization?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:37 pm

Status of Parent 2:
Granted a Global Talent Visa: September 7, 2020, valid until September 7, 2025.
Reason for Considering a Change in Dependency:
The duration of a dependent's visa is aligned with the validity of the main applicant's visa. Currently, the child is dependent on Parent 1, who has recently obtained ILR. If we maintain this arrangement, the child's visa would need to be extended for an additional 3 years, incurring 3 years' worth of Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) costs.

Alternative Scenario:
By switching the child's dependency to Parent 2, the required visa extension would only be for 2 years. This would result in a saving of one year's worth of IHS costs. Moreover, the child would become eligible for ILR within those 2 years.
If your partner holds a 5 year visa, the child applies for a 5 year visa even though if granted, the visa will expire at the same time as the main GTV visa holder.
Additional Considerations:
I've heard that if Parent 1 becomes naturalized and obtains UK citizenship, the child may be able to directly apply for UK citizenship, bypassing the ILR process. Is this accurate? Would this eligibility change if the child is dependent on Parent 2 instead of Parent 1?
No, you have heard incorrectly. A child born abroad is expected to hold ILR and can apply for citizenship when either parent is applying or one already has and the other holds ILR.
1. Should we change the child's dependency to Parent 2 to save one year's worth of IHS costs?
It's a 5 year visa the child applies for, the details of the parents visa will be required in the application form.
2. What is the procedure for changing the child's dependency status?
PBS Dependent child visa form.
3. Can the child bypass the ILR process if Parent 1 gains UK citizenship through naturalization?
No. Also note children are Registered as British. Only adults are naturalised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Post by hirennc » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:40 pm

Thank you very much for the detailed response. Really appreciate the help.
can you please help me understand the first point where you mentioned: 'If your partner holds a 5 year visa, the child applies for a 5 year visa even though if granted, the visa will expire at the same time as the main GTV visa holder.' - does this mean that the IHS fees paid would be for 5 years, or will IHS be paid for 2 years as the expiry will be in 2 years.

rest of things are clear thank you very much. You have been a great help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:42 pm

can you please help me understand the first point where you mentioned: 'If your partner holds a 5 year visa, the child applies for a 5 year visa even though if granted, the visa will expire at the same time as the main GTV visa holder.' - does this mean that the IHS fees paid would be for 5 years, or will IHS be paid for 2 years as the expiry will be in 2 years.
IHS will be paid for 5 years.

If you apply for a dependent visa extending as your dependent, his visa will also have an expiry date the same as the other parents visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Post by hirennc » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:51 am

Thank you for clarifying the details.

I was unaware that the IHS payment is generally for a full 5-year term. So if I understand correctly, the usual rules for getting an IHS refund (for the period for which you are not granted the visa) if the visa isn't granted for the full term wouldn't apply in this case, correct?

Also, it sounds like the IHS fee duration remains the same—5 years—regardless of which parent the child is dependent on. When you say 'your dependent,' you're referring to a child dependent on the first parent, am I right?

thank you again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:22 pm

Simpler to extend the dependent visa as your dependent, usually a 3 year extension, even though the visa will expire the same time as your partners visa in line with the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Post by hirennc » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:14 pm

Thank you very much for answering all my questions. I have submitted the child application as my dependent without complicating as you suggested. Thank you.

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Request for Letter of Consent Template for Global Talent Visa Dependent Extension in the UK.

Post by hirennc » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:58 am

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I am currently in the process of applying for my son's visa extension here in the UK. He is a dependent on a Global Talent Visa (GTV). I have to ILR from GTV and he is applying as my dependent. As part of the application process, I have been asked provide the Letter of Consent from his parent(s).

I was wondering if anyone has a template or sample for this type of letter that they would be willing to share.

Any guidance, links, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
HC

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Request for Letter of Consent Template for Global Talent Visa Dependent Extension in the UK.

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:27 pm

hirennc wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:58 am
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I am currently in the process of applying for my son's visa extension here in the UK. He is a dependent on a Global Talent Visa (GTV). I have to ILR from GTV and he is applying as my dependent. As part of the application process, I have been asked provide the Letter of Consent from his parent(s).

I was wondering if anyone has a template or sample for this type of letter that they would be willing to share.

Any guidance, links, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
HC
There is no template, a simple letter stating he is your son and a form of ID of yourself and giving consent for the application to be processed will suffice.

hirennc
Newly Registered
India

Re: Request for Letter of Consent Template for Global Talent Visa Dependent Extension in the UK.

Post by hirennc » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:47 pm

Ok thank you.. noted