ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

set 0 ILR application for dependent child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

set 0 ILR application for dependent child

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:52 am

Hi,

If both parents and a child (born in UK) have a valid leave to remain in the UK with only 1 month pending for the leave to expire. All are eligible for ILR Set(o) currently. Can the parents apply ILR first and once they are successful then can they apply for naturalisation for the child or have to apply for child’s ILR as well since the current visa would be expiring within a month and child’s naturalisation decision might not be possible within a month.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: set 0 ILR application for dependent child

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:00 pm

Children are registered as british. Adults are naturalised.

A uk born child does NOT need a valid visa or ilr to register as british. They have an entitlment to register as british once either parent gets ilr
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:59 am

Is the below true?

Please note, a nationality application does not provide any immigration status while it is being considered. You must ensure you have valid permission to stay in the UK until you have had a decision on your application and attended your citizenship ceremony.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:00 pm
Children are registered as british. Adults are naturalised.

A uk born child does NOT need a valid visa or ilr to register as british. They have an entitlment to register as british once either parent gets ilr
Note that children do NOT attend a ceremony. Unsure where you got that quote but it is not relevant to uk born children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:53 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:59 am
Is the below true?

Please note, a nationality application does not provide any immigration status while it is being considered. You must ensure you have valid permission to stay in the UK until you have had a decision on your application and attended your citizenship ceremony.
It is true in the sense a nationality application is NOT an immigration application and does not infer any immigration status for anyone applying. However as Char pointed out, this paragraph is intended to inform someone applying for a naturalisation application.

Again. children do NOT naturalise, they get registered and a registration certificate is sent to you by post. Children who have entitlement to be registered as British do NOT need a valid immigration status for registration. Adults on there other hand must apply to naturalise as British and when approved, they will attend a citizenship ceremony and collect a naturalisation certificate in person to become British citizens. The process is DIFFERENT :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice