ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Staying in abroad untill the cermoney

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

svatuk
United Kingdom

Staying in abroad untill the cermoney

Post by svatuk » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:22 am

Hello all

I've received the confirmation email and the ceremony invitation (7th November) few days ago. Problem is I am in India since 5th August to look after my parents who met an accident in early August. I was just wondering is it okay if I return to the UK just before the ceremony date or will it be problem at the time of passport application saying you have no intention to stay in the UK? My parents need me to look after as I do not have any siblings and no one to look after.

Kind regards

svatuk..

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Staying in abroad untill the cermoney

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:47 am

svatuk wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:22 am
Hello all

I've received the confirmation email and the ceremony invitation (7th November) few days ago. Problem is I am in India since 5th August to look after my parents who met an accident in early August. I was just wondering is it okay if I return to the UK just before the ceremony date or will it be problem at the time of passport application saying you have no intention to stay in the UK? My parents need me to look after as I do not have any siblings and no one to look after.

Kind regards

svatuk..
It's fine to return just before the ceremony. No issues when it's time for passport.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:56 pm

svatuk wrote:
Hello all

Kind regards

svatuk..
This should not pose a problem.

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:53 am

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:47 am
svatuk wrote:
Hello all

Kind regards

svatuk..
It's fine to return just before the ceremony. No issues when it's time for passport.
Many thanks for your reply...

svatuk
United Kingdom

Post by svatuk » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:54 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:56 pm
svatuk wrote:
Hello all

Kind regards

svatuk..
This should not pose a problem.
Many thanks for your reply.....